“When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don’t repeat it.”
2018: The Year of Reckoning
Truth be told, our entry into 2018 was nothing short of a bumpy ride from the downfall in 2017, and every day, we were battling relentlessly to put our ideas into execution as fast as we could. A lot of them tanked, but we finally pulled one off in early Q1 and that gave rise to a content platform, now ranked among the top 350 web properties in the United States. To put things in perspective, here are a couple more statistics:
- Served over 1.5B ads in a month — that’s almost 5 times the US population.
- Reached more than 15M readers, averaging more than 200M pageviews on the platform, every month.
- Partnered with leading publications like CNN, BBC, Yahoo News, Fox, and numerous more for syndicating our content.
Apart from our media division, after months of internal R&D, we also launched a breakthrough advertising product in early Q3, based entirely on video. As of today, it is used by leading publications across the world and contributes tremendously to their advertising ecosystem. Following are some statistics around it as well:
- Served over 1B video plays in a month, worldwide.
- Transferred more than 1.5 petabytes of data across all our streaming servers.
- Garnered a direct reach of more than 500M unique users a month.