The movement to modernize the global payment system is quickly gaining momentum as another major global service company joins RippleNet.
American Express is the latest company to become a member of RippleNet, joining the ranks of Credit Agricole, Airwallex, Cuallix, and more.
American Express is joining Ripple’s Blockchain network to provide real-time, business-to-business global payments that will ultimately enhance their customers’ experience.
Initially, American Express FX International Payments (FXIP) will partner with Santander UK to create a transaction channel between the U.S. and U.K. — a first and a boon for the corridor. The U.S. is the U.K.’s largest trading partner, creating an immediate need for frictionless commercial global payments in the U.K. market.
Partnering to deliver faster, better service
By leveraging the power of RippleNet, FXIP customers will see an immediate improvement in how they send money globally.
Compared with the traditional payment process, Ripple’s Blockchain-enabled payments simplify connections with intermediaries and provide immediate end-to-end visibility into the transaction status and cost.
What’s more, FXIP’s use of RippleNet will maintain the level of security that American Express customers have come to know and expect.
“We’ve already seen evidence that Blockchain technology is playing a transformational role in the way customers are served,” said Greg Keeley, Executive Vice President of Global Corporate Payments at American Express.
“Not only does this partnership with Ripple help decrease the time it takes for international transactions to be processed, it can make our transactions more effective for our customers,” Keeley added.
Joining forces to avoid settling for less
FXIP’s partnership with Santander UK to send cross-border payments between the U.S and U.K will help American Express not only streamline commercial payments, but also establish a wider footprint in the U.K.
José Luis Calderón, Santander’s global head of transaction banking, said, “This Blockchain solution opens up a new channel between the U.S. and the U.K. and presents a significant opportunity for payments globally.
“Collaborating with forward-thinking businesses has enabled us to deliver this cutting-edge, secure, friction-free payment solution and extend our ‘Simple, Personal, Fair’ philosophy to American Express and their customers.”
Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse agreed with Calderón’s statement stating:
“Ripple is taking a huge step forward with American Express and Santander in solving the problems corporate customers experience with global payments.”
“Transfers that used to take days will be completed in real time, allowing money to move as fast as businesses move today. It’s just the beginning, and we look forward to growing this partnership to help other American Express FXIP customers.
Contact them to learn more about Ripple’s growing network, and how other companies are helping to create one frictionless experience to send money globally.
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments – November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO – November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs – November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers – November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course – November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO – November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public – November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership – November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale – November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform – November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator – November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database – November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies – November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program – November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO – November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board – November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life – November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets – November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood – November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! – November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place – November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts – November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release – November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative – November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform – November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network – November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World – November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO – November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency – November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade – November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ – November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals – November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace – November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market – November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market – November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications – November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership – November 7, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes Lead Investor In Botanic Technologies And Seed Token, To Decentralize Bot Creation And Deployment – November 7, 2017
- TOKIT, Ethereum Blockchain Application Launches – November 6, 2017
- Australian Blockchain Startup HCash Raises $53M in ICO – November 6, 2017
- Publicly Listed Companies on Major Capital Markets to Raise Funds via ICOs? Yes, Says Pegasus Fintech – November 6, 2017
- Quantstamp Announces Partnership with Experty for Smart Contract Auditing Consultations – November 6, 2017
- Internxt Challenges Storj on Blockchain Storage Front – November 6, 2017
- ShoCard Announces Bob Tinker as Board Member – November 6, 2017
- Streamr Announces DATA Tokens Listed on Bitfinex, the Leading Global Exchange – November 6, 2017
- UltraPlay introduces eGold, the ultimate eSports betting cryptocurrency – November 6, 2017
- mytime Announces Token Sale – Cryptocurrency Which You Earn For Your Spent Time – November 6, 2017
View All Articles