Ghostboard by David Burgos (@daburix) from Spain
What’s your motivation for creating your product?
When I moved my blog from WordPress to Ghost I missed some stats I think are important when blogging, so I started to build something for myself and then I turn it into a product for everyone else
What are your product features?
– Instant setup: just paste a line in your Ghost admin and it’s done
– GDPR compliant and cookie-free, out-the-box
– Don’t need Google Analytics or whatever, it just work and you get all their analytics like Live or Content reports.
– Also exclusive blog-focused analytics for Posts, Pages, Tags, post per month, best time to post, much more and more incoming!
When did you launch?
Where did you launch?
How did your launch go?
– 110 upvotes on Product Hunt
– Frontpage on Hacker News on 10th August, at 11:16 AM ES Position #16
– Almost 6K visits
– 20 signups
– 8 blogs setup it
– Then 3 customers, $15 MRR
It’s funny because some days ago I launched the 2.0 version and get shitty metrics
Any specific launch tips? Or things you would do differently?
– The more you launch, the better your launch is
– Don’t worry about metrics in general platforms, unless your target audience is there.
– Neither don’t worry if don’t get noise in the press and social media. At all. I also got some likes and mentions but no signups. In the end, I prefer silence and signups.
– Only worry about what your customers say and especially, what they do (pay, cancel, retention, come back, etc.)
Get more stats and stories behind the product launches from makers all over the world at MakerLaunches.