The tropical hideaway, which can be seen at www.bloodybaybeach.com, is on Union Island in St Vincent and the Grenadines and is being offered for a cool 600 Bitcoins – the equivalent of around £4.4 million at today’s rate*. Serious buyers can put in their email address and a representative will contact them directly.
Whilst the price tag may exclude many from the sale, the meteoric rise in the value of Bitcoin means someone with just £440,000 worth of Bitcoins at the start of 2017 would be able to afford to buy the land today.
Even more dramatically, in March 2015 when Bitcoin was as low as £150, 600 Bitcoins would have cost just £90,000.
The land, which runs down to the beautiful white sands of Bloody Bay, comes with plans to build a stunning villa and beach bar, and is within a few minutes of a small airport linking Union Island with St Vincent and the other Grenadine islands.
The award winning architect Seth Stein has also drawn up plans for a collection of luxury cabins should the new owner wish entertain visiting friends and family.
The new owner will be investing in one of the property hot-spots of the Caribbean. Huge sums are being spent in developing the local infrastructure and turning the region into a luxury holiday destination.
On the neighbouring Canouan Island, more than £150m has been spent by the owners of the famous Sandy Lane resort in Barbados on developing the luxury Pink Sands Club. They’ve also added a 6,000ft runaway- the longest in the Grenadines – and a multi-million dollar superyacht marina.
Whoever buys the Bloody Bay site will be setting up home on an English-speaking island with just 3,000 inhabitants and the occasional visit from superyacht owners, sailors and divers who prize the crystal clear waters and pristine beaches.
The Grenadines are rich in history from the era of pirates to the darker days of slavery. In fact, neighbouring Tobago Cays were chosen as the location for the filming of some scenes from The Pirates of the Caribbean.
A quick boat trip would take the buyer to Mustique – the private island made famous by the likes of Princess Margaret, Mick Jagger, Bryan Adams, David Bowie, Tommy Hilfiger and Felix Dennis.
Venture slightly further afield and they would arrive at Necker Island which belongs to the Bitcoin enthusiast Sir Richard Branson.
A spokesperson for the Bloody Bay Company selling the land said:
“Someone wise or brave enough to have got in early on the cryptocurrency phenomenon could soon be lifting their rum cocktails to toast the bargain of the century.”
Serious offers can be made through the contact page at www.bloodybaybeach.com.
*rate based on 1BTC = (approximately) 10,000 US dollars. Historic rates taken from publicly available sources
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs – December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution – December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform – December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience – December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise – December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise – December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants – December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report – November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency – November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency – November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain – November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept – November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO – November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network – November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO – November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction – November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors – November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals – November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses – November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain – November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading – November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO – November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale – November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration – November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange – November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation – November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated – November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform – November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games – November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube – November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s – November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security – November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch – November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project – November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution – November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event – November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering – November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event – November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program – November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain – November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games – November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores – November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains – November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round – November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain – November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology – November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries – November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform – November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research – November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency – November 17, 2017
View All Articles