BitGive, the first Bitcoin 501(c)(3) nonprofit, today announced that the beta version of its donation tracking platform, GiveTrack, is officially live. GiveTrack offers unprecedented transparency in the donation process, giving donors the ability to transfer, track, and provide a permanent record of the route of global financial transactions from inception to endpoint. GiveTrack also provides individual donors with direct evidence-based outcomes for their donations, empowering them to give more. The GiveTrack beta will be unveiled through a demonstration at the Money20/20 Conference in Las Vegas, the world’s largest payments and financial services innovation event.
“We are delighted to finally unveil a working version of GiveTrack to our community after months of hard work. Donors now have more opportunities to engage with BitGive’s core mission to leverage the power of Bitcoin and blockchain technology to improve public health and the environment worldwide. By releasing GiveTrack, BitGive is utilizing the unique benefits these advanced technologies have to offer – like unparalleled transparency and security – to enhance and revolutionize the donation process. Furthermore, individuals can build more trust with charitable organizations by knowing how their funds are used to drive impact on the ground. In doing so, we hope to increase charitable giving to create a global movement towards philanthropy,” said Connie Gallippi, Founder of BitGive.
GiveTrack offers a unique solution to the challenge of transparency that many nonprofits have historically faced. By leveraging blockchain technology, GiveTrack provides an unprecedented level of clarity in the donation to deployment phases of allocated funds. Individuals are able to trace the path of their charitable donations on a public platform in real-time, allowing them to see exactly how funds are spent and when they reach their final destination. Charity project results are also shared with the donor to create direct engagement.
Alyse Killeen, BitGive Board Member and Managing Partner at StillMark Capital, said:
“GiveTrack empowers nonprofit donors to track their charitable dollars in action, allowing people to more intimately connect to the nonprofit organizations they support, and catalyzing an excitement to give in a new generation of impact-minded donors – Millennials and Gen Z professionals (Kickstarter contemporaries) – who are keen to follow along with the development of projects they support.”
In a related announcement, GiveTrack will be piloting two new projects with long-standing nonprofit partners, Medic Mobile and The Water Project. Both projects will be available on the newly unveiled GiveTrack website, giving individuals the opportunity to donate to the projects using the platform.
The first project is with Medic Mobile, a nonprofit organization that develops mobile and web tools to help community health workers, clinics, and families communicate to improve healthcare access in hard-to-reach communities. Medic Mobile is working to support the East Bali Poverty Project to assist health workers in monitoring and facilitating timely treatment for malnourished children through the creation of a mobile application. The app will help community health workers calculate and utilize height and weight data to improve care coordination for malnutrition in Desa Ban, Bali.
Jay Evans, Asia Regional Director of Medic Mobile, said:
“Through the long-term partnership with BitGive, Medic Mobile hopes to realize the potential of blockchain technology, which offers transparency, auditability, and efficiency. With GiveTrack helping to raise donors’ expectations for transparency, charitable organizations will be fully accountable for every dollar or bitcoin received, ensuring funds aren’t wrongly allocated.”
The GiveTrack platform will also be supporting The Chandolo Primary School Water Project, with the mission to provide a new rain catchment tank, latrines, and sanitation training to the Kenyan school. This will dramatically improve the health of the students by improving water quality and hygiene, while also increasing opportunities for learning. Previously, BitGive partnered with The Water Project to raise funds for a water well at the Shisango Girls School in Western Kenya.
Peter Chasse, President and Founder of The Water Project, who worked closely with BitGive in its early days, said:
“We recognized early on, alongside BitGive, that the blockchain provides a whole new way to allow confidence-inspiring real-time auditing of how organizations like ours spend the public’s donations. GiveTrack will allow charities to prove, in an approachable way, what they’ve been doing all along, namely providing sustainable, cost-effective solutions to people who need them most.”
Since its founding in 2013, BitGive has partnered with international relief efforts and local charities seeking to create better communities, creating global campaigns to encourage charitable giving via bitcoin. Initial backers of GiveTrack include the Walter and Karla Goldschmidt Foundation, Matthew Roszak (Bloq), Rodolfo Andragnes (Bitcoin Argentina), CoinFabrik, and Rocelo Lopes, among many others supporting BitGive’s mission.
The GiveTrack site will go live today and is available at https://givetrack.org/.
- Bloq Announces Metronome: World’s First Cross-Blockchain Cryptocurrency – October 24, 2017
- Charity Meet & Greet with Ronaldo Auctioned for Bitcoin – October 24, 2017
- Bitcoin Nonprofit BITGIVE Launches GiveTrack Beta at Money2020 – October 24, 2017
- Blockchain LegalTech startup Agrello partners with online-id verifier Veriff – October 24, 2017
- Under 1 in 10 Post-ICO Tokens are Actively Used – October 24, 2017
- Grid Foundation unveils an Enterprise ‘Cloud Operating System’ for All Blockchains – October 23, 2017
- Cashaa welcomes Central bankers, MIT scientists and Fortune Top 500 Leaders for its CAS token sale – October 23, 2017
- Sun Exchange Raises $1.6 Million Seed Investment to Catalyze Global Shift to Solar Power – October 22, 2017
- Brickblock And Nakamo.to Announce Partnership To Fuse Real-world Asset Trading With The Potential Of IOTA’s Tangle Network – October 22, 2017
- Wirex inks deal with SBI Holdings to establish Asia focussed joint venture – Japanese cryptocurrency payments card expected soon – October 22, 2017
- CrowdWiz successfully raises over $5 million in its pre sale to bring democracy to investing by cutting out the middleman – October 22, 2017
- Soma – launches ICO to tackle marketplace fraud and disrupt the $1.7 trillion global second-hand goods industry – October 22, 2017
- LiveEdu.tv Launches ICO and Announces Presale – October 22, 2017
- Yetta announces ICO of European Commission funded Blockchain Research and Development – October 22, 2017
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain – October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE – October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime – October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor – October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 – October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO – October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action – October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research – October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project – October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups – October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology – October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content – October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System – October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale – October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” – October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses – October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets – October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 – October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry – October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale – October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO – October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager – October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! – October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets – October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange – October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise – October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making – October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA – October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange – October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money – October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack – October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform – October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments – October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway – October 18, 2017
View All Articles