Insilico Medicine, a Baltimore-based next-generation artificial intelligence company specializing in the application of deep learning for drug discovery announced the publication of a new peer-reviewed research paper titled ”Converging Blockchain and next-generation artificial intelligence technologies to decentralize and accelerate biomedical research and healthcare” in Oncotarget.
Insilico Medicine scientists specializing in deep learning collaborated with the scientists and developers from the Bitfury Group, the world’s leading full-service Blockchain technology company, specializes in securing the Blockchain and deploying cutting-edge hardware and software solutions to governments, institutions, and corporations. In the paper, the groups presented the first attempt to assess the value of time and the combination value of personal data in the context of an AI-mediated health data exchange on Blockchain.
“Most people do not understand what life data they have, how valuable and dangerous this data may be and do not have any control over how their life data is being used. The policy makers are trying to address this problem by introducing new regulations that make it expensive and difficult for the innovators to turn the human life data into life-saving products. In this paper we propose a Blockchain-enabled solution to help people become aware of and take control over their data and profit from licensing the data to the innovators”, said Polina Mamoshina, Sr. research scientist at Insilico Medicine.
In this research paper scientists introduce new concepts to appraise and evaluate human life data, including the combination-, time- and relationship-value of the data and present a roadmap for a Blockchain-enabled decentralized personal health data ecosystem to enable novel approaches for drug discovery, biomarker development, and preventative healthcare. A secure and transparent distributed personal data marketplace utilizing Blockchain and deep learning technologies may be able to resolve the challenges faced by the regulators and return the control over personal data including medical records back to the individuals.
“We are enthusiastic that Blockchain technology can help solve one of the major problems in modern healthcare – patient data management. We are even more excited that Insilico is building this solution on our open-source Blockchain framework, Exonum. An Exonum-based Blockchain provides security, transparency, and reliability, which will significantly improve overall efficiency and patient satisfaction as well as provide an avenue for easier auditing. We look forward to sharing our progress”, said George Givishvili, Chief Marketing Officer of Bitfury company.
Blockchain technology enables the creation of a distributed and secure ledger of personal data, where patients are in control, own their data, and monitoring of access privileges and understanding of who looked at the data. Most importantly, Blockchain technology allows for the creation of a data-driven marketplace, where patients can earn tangible rewards for making their data available to the application development community, pharmaceutical and consumer companies, and research institutions and generating new data through regular and comprehensive tests and checkups. Presently, only a few patients worldwide have the comprehensive data sets containing their clinical history combined with the genetic, blood biochemistry and cell count profiles, lifestyle data, drug and supplement use and other data types, because they do not see the value in this data and do not get tested regularly. On the other hand, the pharmaceutical and consumer companies alike are willing to pay substantial amounts for the large numbers of personal data records required to train their AI. These funds can be used to subsidize the regular testing by the patients, uncover the new uses for the various data types and develop sophisticated diagnostic and treatment tools.
“In the post-neoclassical world, healthy productive longevity will be the new driver of economic growth. Creating an economy around human life data and returning the ownership and the control over life data back to the individual is one of the most important steps towards extending the healthy productive longevity of the global population. It is also a very altruistic cause, which may help reduce the gap between the rich and the poor and allow the people from all walks of life and geographies to equally profit from their own data”, said Alex Zhavoronkov, the founder of Insilico Medicine, Inc.
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games – November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores – November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains – November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round – November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain – November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology – November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries – November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform – November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research – November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency – November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments – November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO – November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs – November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers – November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course – November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO – November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public – November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership – November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale – November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform – November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator – November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database – November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies – November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program – November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO – November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board – November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life – November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets – November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood – November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! – November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place – November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts – November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release – November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative – November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform – November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network – November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World – November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO – November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency – November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade – November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ – November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals – November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace – November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market – November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market – November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications – November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership – November 7, 2017
View All Articles