BLOCKv recently announced it has added visionary futurist Peter Diamandis and successful serial entrepreneur and prolific angel investor Gil Penchina to its Board of Advisors. The additions of Diamandis and Penchina bring the number of BLOCKv advisors to 13, including blockchain and tech pioneers; financiers and venture capitalists; marketing and media experts; and more.
Peter H. Diamandis is one of the world’s most prominent futurists and entrepreneurs, best known for being the founder and chairman of the X Prize Foundation, the co-founder and executive chairman of Singularity University and the co-author of The New York Times bestsellers “Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think,” and “BOLD: How to Go Big, Create Wealth, and Impact the World.” He is also the former CEO and co-founder of the Zero Gravity Corporation, the co-founder and vice chairman of Space Adventures Ltd., the founder and chairman of the Rocket Racing League, the co-founder of the International Space University, the co-founder of Planetary Resources, founder of Students for the Exploration and Development of Space, and vice-chairman and co-founder of Human Longevity, Inc.
Gil Penchina is a serial entrepreneur, angel and cryptocurrency investor, whose portfolio of 100+ startups includes Brave, Ripple, Filecoin, Civic, EOS and he was actually an angel investor in the first cryptocurrency startup, Paypal in 1999. He is currently a partner at Ridge Ventures. Prior to Ridge, he co-founded Fastly, was the CEO of Wikia, Inc., and spent eight years at eBay, rising to the role of vice president and general manager of eBay’s international business. Gil also worked at Bain & Co and General Electric.
“BLOCKv is thrilled to tap into the wealth of knowledge that Peter, Gil and all the rest of our advisors bring to the blockchain space, as they are all highly-regarded visionaries and leaders in their respective fields,” said Reeve Collins, CEO of BLOCKv. “As we approach our Token Generation Event, and start building a global community of developers, we know that our advisors support will instrumental in delivering this platform to the world.”
The additions of Diamandis and Penchina to BLOCKv’s board come at a watershed moment in the history of blockchain sector, and just prior to the company’s Token Generation Event on October 12. Diamandis believes that BLOCKv is the catalyst for helping the blockchain achieve its “user interface moment” – the creation and implementation of interface software that makes interactions with blockchain technology more dynamic and easy to use. He equates this moment to how the Internet went mainstream after Marc Andreessen created Mosaic, or the renaissance of the smartphone when Apple created an environment for developers to build mobile apps.
“Every great exponential technology has an ‘interface moment’ when its potential to affect humanity is unleashed. I believe that BLOCKv has created the interface moment for blockchain and, in doing so, will usher in unprecedented consumer usage, business development and revenue-generating potential for the blockchain — similar to how the browser transformed the Internet,” said Diamandis. “As an avid and active member of the bitcoin community, I have been waiting for a company like BLOCKv to come along and unlock the true potential for the blockchain as more than just a ledger technology. I am proud to join the company’s advisory board and guide them through this incredible transformation.”
“I’ve invested in numerous transformational companies over the years, and BLOCKv possesses all the the necessary assets needed to excel in terms of its seasoned executives, solid company vision, robust technology platform and outstanding market potential,” said Penchina. “BLOCKv’s approach to using blockchain technology to enhance the rapidly growing digital goods industry is truly remarkable, and I am certain the company will redefine how the world collects, owns and utilizes digital assets.”
David Drake, chairman of LDJ Capital and another high-profile BLOCKv advisor, commented:
“BLOCKv is the blockchain’s leading global platform for the creation of decentralized, secure and dynamic virtual objects. Reeve Collins has an innovator’s foresight. He is leading the advancement of the blockchain and cryptocurrency space with a hedge fund trader’s mentality, and ensuring that BLOCKv is at the forefront of creating immersive, digital asset-based virtual reality offerings.”
Diamandis, Penchina and Drake join 10 other prominent BLOCKv advisors including:
Brock Pierce: Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation; co-founder of Blockchain Capital; co-founder and Head of Strategy at Block.one; founding board member of Mastercoin.
Walter Kortschak: Executive chairman and managing member at SignalFire; senior advisor and former managing partner of Summit Partners, a private equity and venture capital firm; producer and principal at EndCue, a film production company.
Alex Lightman: CEO of Millennium Energy Corporation; CEO of Token Communities Plc.; advisor to Science, Academy for Blockchain Technology, Phireon, Passport Cities, and others.
Richard D. Titus: CEO of Andronik, Ltd.; co-founder to startups and digital agencies including; Prompt.ly, Razorfish, Schematic and Videoplaza; investor and strategic ICO advisor to AdEx, Pillar, Hive Project, PO.ET, Science Blockchain, Omega One, Experty, RevealIt, Sun Exchange, Snip and Guardium.
Joe Polish: President of Piranha Marketing Inc.; founder of the Genius Network (also known as the 25K Group) and creator of Genius Network interview series; co-founder of ILoveMarketing.com and 10XTalk.com, two highly popular free podcasts on iTunes.
Xin Chung: Technology entrepreneur and VR pioneer, founder of SofaVR and TrustCloud.
Jeff Holden: Chief Product Officer at Uber; former SVP of Product at Groupon; former SVP of Worldwide Discovery at Amazon; former CEO of Pelago, an early-stage consumer products startup.
Emmanuel Seuge: Founder of CASSIUS.Family, an early-stage VC fund; previously a twenty-year employee at Coca-Cola, including SVP for content marketing and VP of global alliances and ventures.
Sam Englebardt: Managing director at Galaxy Investment Partners; former founder at See Ventures; former partner/managing director at Lambert Media Group; co-founder and CEO of Demarest Films.
Mike Costache: Founder of the Blockchain Investors Consortium (BIC); board member of Token-as-a-Service (TaaS), the first ever tokenized, closed-end fund dedicated to investments in blockchain assets; co-chair, d10e Conference, the leading conference on decentralization; CEO & founder of TimeWare Solutions; co-founder and managing partner of KrowdMentor, a strategic investment and advisory firm for blockchain investors, funds, startups and entrepreneurs.
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology – October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy – October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign – October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens – October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry – October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers – October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced – October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance – October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency – October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response – October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence – October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand – October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs – October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board – October 10, 2017
- Russian NSD Makes It Possible to Maintain Financial Privacy in Blockchain Use – October 10, 2017
- WAX Announces Advisory Board, Partners to Expand Blockchain Platform for In-Game Virtual Items – October 10, 2017
- Cloud Cybersecurity Company Spinbackup Advances Data Protection Through Blockchain Technology – October 10, 2017
- World’s Largest Blockchain Expo Coming to Silicon Valley – Santa Clara – October 10, 2017
- Unikrn Brings Live Immersive Esports Betting to Europe with RBP Joint Venture and Malta License – October 10, 2017
- RoboForex is launching trading CFDs on cryptocurrencies – October 10, 2017
- Cloud Cybersecurity Company Spinbackup Advances Data Protection Through Blockchain Technology – October 10, 2017
- Alternative to YouTube Emerges with Flixxo Token Sale – October 10, 2017
- The Kudos Project Opens Token Sale on November 1, 2017 – October 9, 2017
- Blockchain Shakeup: Matchpool to Dual Launch on Qtum and Ethereum – October 9, 2017
- ShapeShift Integrates NEM, Providing Liquidity and Convenience for XEM Token Holders – October 9, 2017
- Zilliqa unveils a new, high transaction rate, scalable Blockchain – October 8, 2017
- Foodtech Startup Origintrail With A Blockchain-based Protocol For Data Sharing In Supply Chains – October 8, 2017
- UTRUST and Soma Announce Powerful Partnership to Upgrade Classifieds Business Model – October 8, 2017
- ICONOMI Welcomes William Mougayar Among First Series of Digital Asset Array Managers – October 8, 2017
- Bank of Montreal, CaixaBank, Commerzbank, Erste Group, IBM and UBS Collaborate to Advance an Open, Blockchain-based Trade Finance Platform – October 8, 2017
- Templum and Liquid M Capital to Launch Regulated Platform for Initial Coin Offerings – October 8, 2017
- Pindify to launch an ICO on October 20, 2017 – October 8, 2017
- rLoop is Moving on to the Blockchain to Decentralise High Technology – Starting with the Hyperloop – October 8, 2017
- Prosense.tv Announces $30M Initial Coin Offering for its Peer-to-Peer Virtual Reality Livestream Platform Built on Blockchain; Launches November 3, 2017 – October 6, 2017
- Chamber Of Digital Commerce And U.S. Department Of Commerce Lead The First Blockchain Certified Trade Mission To The United Arab Emirates – October 6, 2017
- Binary.com Announces Initial Coin Offering (ICO) – October 6, 2017
- Papyrus Announce Strategic Partnership with Bancor – October 6, 2017
- David Orban joins Neuromation.io as advisor – October 6, 2017
- Miniapps.pro Token Private Presale Has Attracted $500,000 – October 6, 2017
- Pundi X Launches First Retail Point Of Sale Solution For Cryptocurrency In Indonesia – October 6, 2017
- Gameflip Announces Upcoming Sale of Crypto-Token (FLIP) for Gaming Digital Goods – October 6, 2017
- Exscudo Successfully Launches Eon Blockchain Testnet – October 5, 2017
- Energy Web Foundation launches Blockchain and Application Layer Test Network – October 3, 2017
- Leading Blockchain Law Firm MME Introduces New Legal Framework to Shape the Future of Tokenized Assets – October 3, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Backs Evernym To Bring The World True Self-sovereign Identity – October 3, 2017
- Cardano launches with Bittrex as first exchange partner – October 3, 2017
- Invotra Launches Digital Workplace that Uses Blockchain – October 3, 2017
- Unolabo Wants to Lift The Next Billion Users Out Of Poverty – Announce Token Sale – October 3, 2017
- Aion, the First Interoperable Blockchain Network, Announces Advisory Board – October 3, 2017
- Bank Aljazira Wins The Race For The First Blockchain Use Case In Saudi Arabia With Its Blockchain Ewallet – October 3, 2017
View All Articles