Coinme, a venture-backed crypto financial services and blockchain technology company, will begin its UpToken crowd sale today at or around 15:00 GMT (8:00 a.m. PDT), offering a new crypto asset to help accelerate the deployment of the largest crypto ATM network in the world. There is no pre-sale, and the sale will be open to the public from the start.
UpToken was designed in partnership with J.R. Willett, who invented the token sale in 2013 with the launch of Mastercoin (now called Omni). Since J.R.’s pioneering launch, token sales have since generated more than $2 billion for blockchain technology companies. To date, pre-registrations for UpToken exceed $40 million USD.
Bitcoin has recently hit record highs, hitting an all-time high of $5,800 per Bitcoin, creating a market cap of nearly $100B, but while demand soars, still only a fraction of the world population has access to the revolutionary currency.
“Nine years after the creation of the first Bitcoin, there are still less than 20 million people who own Bitcoin. Compared to the more than 7 billion people in the world who could benefit from Bitcoin and other digital currencies, it’s clear we still have a long way to go,” said Neil Bergquist, Coinme co-founder and CEO. “The lack of user-friendly access to crypto is a major barrier to global adoption. With UpToken we plan to accelerate the deployment of a global crypto ATM network and help virtual currency ‘cross the chasm’ to become adopted by the masses. This includes giving access to the 2 billion people in the world who are unbanked and don’t even have access to basic financial services.”
While there are now more than 3 million traditional ATMs in use today, there are only 1,700 crypto ATMs deployed worldwide. For example, according to Coin ATM Radar, the entire continent of South America has less than 10 crypto ATMs. Even a developed economy such as Japan, with 129 million people and one of the world’s most active Bitcoin user bases, still has less than 20 crypto ATMs. UpToken seeks to change this by deploying thousands of crypto ATMs before the end of 2018, with 10,000 ATMs being deployed worldwide in less than 5 years.
Coinme first made headlines in 2014 as the first licensed Bitcoin ATM company in the United States. Since then, Coinme’s ability to humanize blockchain technology and to offer a seamless user experience has brought thousands into the growing crypto community. Coinme has learned that mainstream crypto users prefer a familiar ATM experience they can trust. Having written their own wallet and ATM software, Coinme’s user experience is unparalleled and allows users to buy Bitcoin and other virtual currencies instantly without having to deal with the headache of private keys and public wallet addresses.
The company’s ATMs currently handle about $100k in transactions per ATM per month, and now that the ATM hardware and software is developed and validated by thousands of customers, Coinme is ready to build a global network of crypto ATMs across both the developed and developing worlds.
UpToken is considered a rewards-based token and will offer purchasers the following benefits:
- 1% “cash back”. Each time a customer uses a Coinme ATM, Coinme will reward 1% of the ATM transaction to the customer, similar to a “cash back” rewards program.
- 30% discount. Customers will receive a 30% discount on ATM transaction fees if they opt to use their UpToken to cover the transaction fee.
- Voting protocol – Suggest the next cryptocurrency. Over time, Coinme will add new cryptocurrencies to the ATM network. Interested parties will use UpToken to vote for which ones should be added to the network.
The UpToken sale will begin on or about Monday October 16, 2017 at 15:00 GMT (8:00 a.m. PDT) and conclude on or about October 27, 2017 at 14:59 GMT (7:59 a.m. PDT) or until the supply of UpToken is exhausted. For the first 12 hours of the sale, UpToken’s supply will be uncapped. After the first 12 hours, the amount of UpToken available for purchase will not exceed $100 million.
Starting today, buyers can register and purchase UpToken at www.uptoken.org.
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! – October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets – October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange – October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise – October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making – October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA – October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange – October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money – October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack – October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform – October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments – October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway – October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy – October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon – October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects – October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups – October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform – October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos – October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta – October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token – October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt – October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors – October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale – October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion – October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold – October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale – October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! – October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History – October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform – October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign – October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance – October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale – October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain – October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers – October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment – October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions – October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications – October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More – October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors – October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech – October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced – October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 – October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets – October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve – October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets – October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale – October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns – October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency – October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics – October 11, 2017
View All Articles