China’s largest cryptocurrency, NEO, has given a big thumbs up to blockchain-based personal data exchange, PikcioChain, with a pre-ICO investment of almost USD 3 million, the Swiss startup revealed in a statement released today. The investment was made via the purchase of 660,000 PKC tokens.
Following the sale, PikcioChain has decided to move its standard interface from Ethereum’s ERC-20 format to the NEO EP-5. Designed to facilitate the secure storage and transfer of personal data, PikcioChain expects to benefit from the exchange of ideas and flexibility provided by the NEO platform and its previous work with the Chinese government to develop digital identity frameworks, the company said in its statement.
PikcioChain stated that it will also receive other support from NEO in the form of advice with technology, sales, and marketing for a new Chinese subsidiary of Pikcio AG. The organization will be promoted to Chinese financial institutions as the preferred platform for the management of personal data.
China has been working hard to develop digital identity frameworks. As the world’s single largest marketplace, it’s a key jurisdiction for any global business seeking success. The partnership between NEO and Pikcio provides a direct pathway into China and, according to the startup, will go a long way to ensuring that PikcioChain gains traction in the Chinese marketplace.
“This is an extremely exciting time for everyone at PikcioChain, we’ve been enjoying a very successful pre-ICO period in which we saw several major institutional investors interested in PikcioChain and the PKC token,” the company said in a press release, “NEO Council’s token purchase is a perfect example of the success we’ve been having.”
The PikcioChain pre-ICO will run until February 28th, 2018, followed by a crowdsale in March.
More information about PikcioChain and their PKC can be found on the PikcioChain website and by joining the conversation on Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/FnQXtxIUPkLYFKcSnD5JsA
To learn more about NEO, visit https://neo.org/.
- Codex Launches Art Market Blockchain Protocol – January 29, 2018
- OriginTrail ICO Reaches Hard Cap in Presale, Raises $22.5m in Just 18 Minutes – January 26, 2018
- Anthony Di Iorio and big Name Cast at Polymath’s First Security Token Conference – January 25, 2018
- Faceter Announces Surveillance ICO – January 24, 2018
- Wanchain Launches Mainnet: World’s First Platform for Private, Cross-chain Smart Contracts – January 24, 2018
- Arbitrage set for a Shake-up? Arbidex Platform Launches ICO After $6m Presale – January 23, 2018
- Cryptocurrency giant NEO invests $3m in PikcioChain – January 23, 2018
- KodakCoin ties up with Overstock’s tZERO Security Token Trading Platform – January 23, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Raises $30M in Presale to Add Security Tokens in 2018 – January 22, 2018
- StormX Adds New EVP of Business Development and User Acquisition Head – January 18, 2018
- Retainly Announces New Retail Partners Including Carrefour Brazil, Aliexpress – January 18, 2018
- Jibrel Network Announces jCash for Regulated, Asset-Backed Smart Contracts – January 17, 2018
- Overstock’s tZERO Announces Polymath to Advise ICO on Securities Law – January 16, 2018
- OriginTrail Launches Presale in ICO for Supply Chain Traceability – January 16, 2018
- Lykke Partners With Bangladesh Government – January 15, 2018
- DASH Joins BitINKA for Latin America Crypto Exchange and Remittance – January 13, 2018
- Shopin, iExec Partner to Enhance Retail Consumer Data Experience – January 12, 2018
- Bitnovo Partnership Brings Dash to 10,000 Spanish Retailers – January 11, 2018
- Crypto Valley Association Releases ICO ‘Code of Conduct’ – January 11, 2018
- Kodak and WENN Digital Announce ICO to Put Photo Licensing on the Blockchain – January 11, 2018
- Gibraltar Exchange Announces ICO for Regulated Token Sale and Exchange Platform – January 10, 2018
- Voatz Raises $2.2M Seed Funding With Overstock’s Medici Ventures – January 9, 2018
- BABB Names New CIO From UK’s Aldermore Bank – January 7, 2018
- OmiseGO CEO Joins Electrify.Asia Advisory Board – January 4, 2018
- Crypterium ICO Reports 50,000 Participants – January 4, 2018
- Proof of Steak: BeefCoin Wants More Organic Meat in Moscow – January 3, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Point-of-Sale Hardware Ahead of ICO – January 3, 2018
- SyncFab Supply Chain Token Presale Launches – January 3, 2018
- WINGS Launches Beta Testnet for Crowdsourcing ICO Evaluation – January 3, 2018
View All Articles