On November 14, 2017, tickets for a 3D show of the German quartet KRAFTWERK, pioneers of electronic music, to be held on February 13, 2018 on stage at the State Kremlin Palace in Russia, Moscow, are selling on a Blockchain. This is the agreement reached by Russian concert agency TCI and international ticket platform Tickets Cloud, which has developed the crypto.tickets Blockchain platform. For the first time, tickets for such significant entertainment event are selling using a distributed ledger.
Blockchain tickets can be purchased at www.kraftwerk2018.ru* by selecting the “cryptoticket” option. The Tickets Wallet app (for Android & iOS) must also be downloaded. Information about ticket purchases is available in the app. Admission will be controlled by “tearing a stub” right on the user’s mobile device, eliminating the need to scan tickets. Crypto.tickets is built on the Ethereum platform.
More than forty years ago, KRAFTWERK realized that the computer was mankind’s future, and the group began to use it in their creative work more than anybody. They are considered to be the creators of electro music, and many believe that KRAFTWERK is responsible for the emergence of techno.
It is therefore entirely unsurprising that tickets to their concert will be sold using Blockchain technology. But selling crypto-tickets isn’t just a visionary position adopted by KRAFTWERK.
Using Blockchain in the concert industry will make it possible to solve a host of problems: ticket scalping, ticket fraud and counterfeiting, partial ticket sales, and the lack of a unified mechanism for returns. This problem is also extremely relevant for Russia. Up to 20% to tickets to Moscow’s most popular theater are sold to the secondary market, where the risks of buying fake tickets multiplies.
Scams can be found all over the world: in 2016, there were sales of fake tickets to concerts for Adele and Justin Bieber; and the management of Italian football club Juventus released more tickets for sale than there were seats in the stadium.
Blockchain technologies allow a spectator to be 100% sure that his ticket belongs to him alone. All transactions are executed and “saved” in a distributed ledger. A ticket can also be gifted, resold, or returned, but the most important point is that, thanks to Blockchain, the ticket’s history (path) as well as information about all of its owners will always be visible. Additionally, Blockchain solves the problem of illegal copying and counterfeiting of tickets.
“First, we had the paper ticket, then electronic, and now we are moving to crypto-tickets. KRAFTWERK became pioneers of an entire stratum of modern culture, and selling crypto-tickets to their concerts is a symbolic event,” said Egor Egerev, founder of Tickets Cloud and the crypto.tickets Blockchain platform.
“Technologies do not stand still, and the emergence of crypto-tickets solves the most pressing problems in the industry: counterfeits, fraud, and scalping. TCI always tries to be ‘stay informed’ and is pleased to master new technologies that will help us and spectators feel safe and keep pace with the 21st century,” said a financial director at TCI Nikolay Sinitsin.
* www.kraftwerk2018.ru – the website for tickets purchase is in Russian only, because it is oriented on the Russian-speaking audience.
KRAFTWERK’s official website – http://www.kraftwerk.com/
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab – December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs – December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution – December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform – December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience – December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise – December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise – December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants – December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report – November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency – November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency – November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain – November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept – November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO – November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network – November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO – November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction – November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors – November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals – November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses – November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain – November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading – November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO – November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale – November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration – November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange – November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation – November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated – November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform – November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games – November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube – November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s – November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security – November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch – November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project – November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution – November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event – November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering – November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event – November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program – November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain – November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games – November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores – November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains – November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round – November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain – November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology – November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries – November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform – November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research – November 20, 2017
View All Articles