Electrify.Asia, a Southeast Asian online marketplace for retail electricity trading, announced today Omise Holdings/OmiseGO founder and CEO Jun Hasegawa has joined their advisory board.
OmiseGO is a Thailand-based business-to-business e-wallet payments provider that closed an initial coin offering (ICO) in July, raising USD 25 million, according to data from Token Report.
According to the companies, Hasegawa will add nearly two decades of professional experience in the technology sector from marketing to web development and will assist in market strategies, token mechanisms, community and produce development, and applying network scalability solutions developed at OmiseGO to energy transaction settlements.
Hasegawa said in a statement, “Electrify has tremendous potential to break new ground in energy markets across the region. OmiseGO’s public chain network scalability solution is fully decentralized, making it the perfect platform for fulfilment of high transaction volumes onto the blockchain, without compromising security and integrity of data.”
Scaling solutions for P2P energy transactions on the blockchain provided by OmiseGO will be critical to the ongoing functionality of Electrify.Asia, as the transaction volume can experience substantial spikes at month end or other times many energy agreements are being reconciled at once, the companies said. The Electrify.Asia platform is designed to accommodate so-called prosumers, who both produce and purchase energy according to their needs and capabilities, in addition to expanding consumer choice and understanding in the energy marketplace.
Electrify co-founders Julius Tan and Martin Lim said in a joint statement, “Hasegawa offers an unparalleled wealth of industry knowledge. Beyond business objectives, there is a greater vision of education and empowerment that we are driving, encouraging inclusion, participation and most importantly, awareness.”
For more information, visit https://electrify.asia.
- OriginTrail ICO Reaches Hard Cap in Presale, Raises $22.5m in Just 18 Minutes – January 26, 2018
- Anthony Di Iorio and big Name Cast at Polymath’s First Security Token Conference – January 25, 2018
- Faceter Announces Surveillance ICO – January 24, 2018
- Wanchain Launches Mainnet: World’s First Platform for Private, Cross-chain Smart Contracts – January 24, 2018
- Arbitrage set for a Shake-up? Arbidex Platform Launches ICO After $6m Presale – January 23, 2018
- Cryptocurrency giant NEO invests $3m in PikcioChain – January 23, 2018
- KodakCoin ties up with Overstock’s tZERO Security Token Trading Platform – January 23, 2018
- BnkToTheFuture Raises $30M in Presale to Add Security Tokens in 2018 – January 22, 2018
- StormX Adds New EVP of Business Development and User Acquisition Head – January 18, 2018
- Retainly Announces New Retail Partners Including Carrefour Brazil, Aliexpress – January 18, 2018
- Jibrel Network Announces jCash for Regulated, Asset-Backed Smart Contracts – January 17, 2018
- Overstock’s tZERO Announces Polymath to Advise ICO on Securities Law – January 16, 2018
- OriginTrail Launches Presale in ICO for Supply Chain Traceability – January 16, 2018
- Lykke Partners With Bangladesh Government – January 15, 2018
- DASH Joins BitINKA for Latin America Crypto Exchange and Remittance – January 13, 2018
- Shopin, iExec Partner to Enhance Retail Consumer Data Experience – January 12, 2018
- Bitnovo Partnership Brings Dash to 10,000 Spanish Retailers – January 11, 2018
- Crypto Valley Association Releases ICO ‘Code of Conduct’ – January 11, 2018
- Kodak and WENN Digital Announce ICO to Put Photo Licensing on the Blockchain – January 11, 2018
- Gibraltar Exchange Announces ICO for Regulated Token Sale and Exchange Platform – January 10, 2018
- Voatz Raises $2.2M Seed Funding With Overstock’s Medici Ventures – January 9, 2018
- BABB Names New CIO From UK’s Aldermore Bank – January 7, 2018
- OmiseGO CEO Joins Electrify.Asia Advisory Board – January 4, 2018
- Crypterium ICO Reports 50,000 Participants – January 4, 2018
- Proof of Steak: BeefCoin Wants More Organic Meat in Moscow – January 3, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Point-of-Sale Hardware Ahead of ICO – January 3, 2018
- SyncFab Supply Chain Token Presale Launches – January 3, 2018
- WINGS Launches Beta Testnet for Crowdsourcing ICO Evaluation – January 3, 2018
View All Articles