Wanchain, the distributed financial infrastructure powered by cross-blockchain smart contracts, on Thursday announced it has teamed with multiple Austin companies to form the Austin Blockchain Collective (ABC). With a mission to advance blockchain-based education to the local community and grow the ecosystem, ABC plans to engage with policymakers to advance Austin as a hub for blockchain innovation.
According to the announcement, initial participants of the ABC include Wanchain, Multicoin Capital, Capital Factory, Lighthouse Partners, Factom, Decred, Steemit, TEN Capital Group, DecentraNet, AMSYS Blockchain, Austin.city, Algebraix Data, Laurence Ventures, Williams Technology Group, SeriesX, UlaHealth, Kilroy Blockchain, Chain Business Insights, GovernanceChain, Hatch Crypto and Windmill Enterprise.
Less than a year ago, there were approximately a dozen blockchain companies in Austin. Today that number is more than 50 and growing, according to the announcement. Austin boasts a diversified tech ecosystem, a business-friendly environment, a socially-conscious government and excellent transport links. The University of Texas at Austin recently added blockchain content to its graduate programs with plans to host a conference in April 2018.
“The founding participants of the Austin Blockchain Collective recognize the value of a thriving local blockchain ecosystem,” said Dustin Byington, President of Wanchain and Executive Committee Member of ABC, in a statement. “Bringing Austin’s blockchain builders and businesses together is a foundational step towards making Austin the global blockchain force we know it can be.”
ABC participants plan to work together to advocate for the adoption of blockchain innovation at the local level and for the larger global ecosystem, according to the statement. The collective’s mission is to provide blockchain education while fostering connections across business and consumer-focused applications.
Initial financial support for the Austin Blockchain Collective is provided by Wanchain. The company is rebuilding the financial services industry using private cross-blockchain smart contracts, says the statement. Built in China and headquartered in Austin, TX, Wanchain’s currency-agnostic platform for global financial services is registered in Singapore as a non-profit organization. The Wanchain Foundation was initially funded by Wanglu Tech, a for-profit enterprise with investors including River Capital and Fenbushi Capital.
To learn more about WanChaiin, visit wanchain.org,
More information about ABC is available at www.austinblockchaincollective.com.
- Wanchain Joins With 22 Others to Form Austin Blockchain Collective – February 16, 2018
- Mosaic: Blockchain Research Network Strives for Objectivity Via Cryptocurrency – February 15, 2018
- WELL Launches Blockchain Healthcare Platform With ICO Imminent – February 14, 2018
- ConsenSys Ventures Leads Investment into BlockFi to Bring Lending to the Cryptoasset Market – February 14, 2018
- iXledger and InsChain Partner to Provide P2P Insurance for China – February 13, 2018
- NYNJA to Launch Customizable Communications App With Blockchain-Based Marketplace and Own Cryptocurrency – February 12, 2018
- World Tokenomic Forum Launches Social Enterprise Venture Fund for Blockchain Related Technologies – February 12, 2018
- Electroneum Announces Partnership With Japanese Crypto Platform Quoine – February 12, 2018
- Is Shyft the KYC Reform We’ve Been Waiting For? Anthony Di Iorio Thinks So – February 8, 2018
- Wikipedia Competitor Everipedia Secures $30m in Funding From Galaxy Digital and Other Strategic Investors – February 8, 2018
- Ripple Partners With LianLian to Power Instant Payments to China – February 7, 2018
- Forbes: The 20 Wealthiest People in Crypto – February 7, 2018
- Current Media Closes $36m Private Sale, Readies Airdrop – February 6, 2018
- Sweetbridge Builds Dual-Token System to Increase Liquidity, Adds Don Tapscott as Advisor – February 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Electroneum: First Cryptocurrency to Join GSMA – February 5, 2018
- BitShares Token Listed on Lykke Exchange – February 5, 2018
- TBSx3 Launches Consortium With Freight Industry Giants to Fight Trade in Fake Goods with Blockchain – February 5, 2018
- Nexus Blockchain Teams up With SingularityNET, the Platform Behind Sophia the Robot – February 5, 2018
- Tokenized Characters for Smart Contract-based Reality Show Launched – February 2, 2018
- Stablecoin Havven Gets set to Airdrop 2 Million Tokens – February 2, 2018
- Venzee and BTL Team up to Simplify Blockchain Integration – February 2, 2018
- First Satellite in Spacechain’s Blockchain Network is set for Launch – February 1, 2018
- SEC Halts AriseBank ICO, Alleges Scam – January 30, 2018
- Hayver leverages blockchain to fight addiction – January 30, 2018
- IoT Platform MyBit Partners With Alpine for Sustainable Mining – January 30, 2018
- Midex Launches Crypto Exchange With Free Bitcoin – January 29, 2018
- æternity and Erlang Team up to Tackle Blockchain Scalability – January 29, 2018
- Robot Cache and WAX Form Strategic Alliance, Target Game Industry With Blockchain – January 25, 2018
- Asset-backed Stablecoin TrueUSD Launches – January 25, 2018
- Siglo’s Protocol for Free Mobile Airtime Launches on Ethereum Blockchain – January 23, 2018
View All Articles