DMarket, a global marketplace for trading in-game items has announced the dates of the company’s main token sale. According to CEO and founder of DMarket Volodymyr Panchenko, the second (main) phase of the token sale will start on November 3 and will continue through November 17. No further DMarket token sales will be launched after the end of phase two.
The exchange rate will be 750 tokens for 1 ETH. Minimum transaction amount is 0.1 ETH.
The hard cap of DMarket’s main token sale is 100,000,000 tokens (around $40 million).
“We are ready to allocate 25,000,000 tokens (about $10 million) hard cap for presale; investors can apply for a whitelist now. The minimum transaction for presale is $50,000. The rest of the 75,000,000 token (around $30 million) hard cap will be available for crowd sale. According to our policy, there will be a limit of DMarket tokens sold to a single pair of hands. We want to spread DMarket tokens to as many investors and real gamers as possible,” Volodymyr Panchenko said.
Recently, DMarket raised $10.9 million in investment during the four-day token sale that took place in August 2017. The exchange rate was 1,000 DMarket tokens for 1 ETH.
DMarket tokens will be the only currency for in-game economy. The number of DMarket tokens will be strictly limited. DMarket will reserve 15% of all DMarket tokens that have been sold for product development, advisors, and partners.
The cross-game platform DMarket is based on Blockchain technology and smart contracts. DMarket’s alpha version (testnet) launches in October.
With DMarket tokens, 2.3 billion players from any game on any platform will be able to buy, sell, and exchange virtual items on the new marketplace.
The estimated in-game trading turnover is currently $4 billion, and it only works for a couple of games. The core issues that lock in-game item market development are technology and trading security. During every other trade, hundreds of thousands of databases from every game and every publisher have to be synchronized with each other. But the most important factor is that there is a risk of third-party interference in the trading process. DMarket resolved both issues with Blockchain technology. By offering an opportunity to buy and sell in-game assets to all gamers globally, DMarket creates a new in-game item economy worth more than $450 billion and turns virtual items into real assets with the help of Blockchain technology.
DMarket is supported by prominent game development studios, such as 4A Games (Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light), GSC Game World (S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Cossacks series), Tatem Games (Carnivores, Vivisector, Cryostatis), and the Pantera Capital investment fund. The company is negotiating with dozens of other world publishers to sign agreements in the near future.
The company’s official advisory board consists of leaders in the gaming and Blockchain industries, as well as renowned investors. Oren Klaff (managing director at Intersection Capital), Brian Kerr (managing director at GL Ventures, founder and CEO of Fnatic Gear), Mo Levin (founder of Keynote Events, startup and Blockchain expert), Igor Matsanyuk (chairman at Games Insight, ex-vice president at Mail.ru, founder at IMI.VC and Farminers), Denis Dovgopoliy (founder of GrowthUP Group), Evgeniy Grygorovych (project leader at GSC Game World), Oleg Yavorsky (co-founder of Vostok Games), and Igor Karev (CEO at Tatem Games) are among them.
- US SEC Goes Charges ICO Businessman For Defrauding Investors – October 1, 2017
- Pre-ICO Launch: HireMatch Offers Solution to Expedite Recruitment Process – October 1, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announces The STK Token, Providing Instant Cryptocurrency Payments At Point Of Sale – October 1, 2017
- ICO Regulation News Accelerating – Analysis – October 1, 2017
- Streamr, The Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Successfully Reaches 5 Million CHF Pre-Sale Cap in 25 Minutes – October 1, 2017
- BitClave Announces Partnership with Bancor – October 1, 2017
- Clicktopurchase Adds Blockchain to Established Property Purchasing Platform – October 1, 2017
- Former White House CIO Joins COBINHOOD as Strategic Advisor – October 1, 2017
- Steemit Introduces New Way To Monetize Media And Publishers – October 1, 2017
- Etch ICO Wants to Revolutionise Payroll Platform – Boosted by KPMG Collaboration – October 1, 2017
- DMarket Announces Second Phase of Token Sale – October 1, 2017
- DECENT Wins Big at the Central European Startup Awards – October 1, 2017
- Massively Distributed EOS-derived Blockchain XenonNetwork to Begin Token Distribution – October 1, 2017
- modum.io AG appoints Simon Dössegger as CEO – October 1, 2017
- INS Aims To Put Grocery Shopping On Blockchain, Announces Unilever Expressed Interest And ICO Dates – October 1, 2017
- Coinloan Provides Money Secured On Cryptocurrency – Launching Token Sale – October 1, 2017
- Verisart And Avant Arte Partner To Provide Digital Certificates Of Authenticity To Artists And Collectors Worldwide – October 1, 2017
- Goodwill Protocol Ico Looks To Fix Current Broken Economic System Through A Digital Economy That Operates On Human Goodwill – October 1, 2017
- Accenture Joins Hashed Health Blockchain Consortium to Develop and Implement Healthcare Industry Use Cases – October 1, 2017
- Polymath Unveils Stacked Board of Advisors, First Token Issuers & a ‘GitHub for Lawyers’ – October 1, 2017
- DECENT and Venaco Group Create a New Blockchain Joint Venture, Equidato Technologies AG – October 1, 2017
- BankEx, the Decentralized Bank-as-a-Service Exchange, Welcomes Stanford and Maryland Academics as Advisors – September 30, 2017
- Earth Token Wants to Save the Planet – September 29, 2017
- Change Healthcare Introduces Enterprise Blockchain For Healthcare – September 29, 2017
- Helperbit enables Bank Card donations with Blockchain traceability – September 29, 2017
- South Korea Bans Initial Coin Offerings – Plans to Crack Down on Trading – September 29, 2017
- Australian Regulators Vow to Work with Industry for ICOs – September 29, 2017
- ICO Market Transformed by ATS Security Token Joint Venture Forged by tZERO, RenGen and the Argon Group – September 27, 2017
- Backed by the Founder of Mozilla and CEO of Brave, SPiCE VC Is Launching A Fully Regulated Blockchain VC – September 27, 2017
- Spectral And Alliander Launch Blockchain-based Renewable Energy Sharing Token – September 27, 2017
- Munchee Announces The First Decentralized Food Review And Social Platform – September 27, 2017
- Shapeshift rival, Flyp.me launches accountless crypto exchange with 169 trading pairs and 50% profit sharing – September 27, 2017
- Oldham-based Energi Mine set to become first UK business outside London to raise funds through a Token Sale – September 27, 2017
- Snip Partners with Bancor and Matchpool After Extremely Successful Presale Campaign – September 27, 2017
- A new player enters the field of cryptocurrency marketplaces in October 2017 – September 27, 2017
- Unikrn Raised $15 Million in Token Pre-Sale for esports Cryptocurrency From Mark Cuban, Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, CoinCircle and More – September 27, 2017
- AB-CHAIN’s Cryptocurrency Makes Advertising Easy – September 25, 2017
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light – September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network – September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale – September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece – September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows – September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry – September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin – September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams – September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event – September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally – September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 – September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 – September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 – September 21, 2017
View All Articles