- ATH: “All Time High”
Example: “BTC saw an ATH after “Big Bang Theory aired last year.”
- Bagholder: A trader holding after a cryptocurrency has had a significant decrease in value.
Example: “What are you doing with Dogecoin, ya bagholder! It’s worthless!”
- Bearish: Expectation price is going to DECREASE
Example: “Trade your NEO! I predict a bearish month!”
- Bullish: Expectation price is going to INCREASE
Example: “I would invest in a large amount of XRP, pretty sure we are entering a bullish market”
- BTFD: Buy at The F***ing Dip!
Example; “I told you jerks to BTFD! Why don’t you listen!?”
- Cypherpunk: People who are into cryptography as a means of social change.
Example: “Jacob Appelbaum is a BA cypherpunk!”
- DYOR: Do Your Own Research
Example: “You’re an idiot if you don’t DYOR!!!!”
- Flippening: The change in value of an altcoin, where it would no longer be primarily based on the value of Bitcoin
Example: “Eth is lower than BCH! That’s flippening, bro!”
- FOMO: Fear Of Missing Out
Example: “What are you guys all doing, you know because I suffer from serious FOMO, and I need to know.”
- FUD: Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (one that spreads this negativity is termed a ‘fudster’)
Example: “Cryptocurrencies overall have had a decrease in price related to FUD.”
- Lambo: Short for Lamborghini.
Example: “Alyze said, “Few using ‘lambo’ are actually owners of this incredibly costly vehicle.”
- Moon: A large increase in value.
Example: “When moon?” You’ll see “Wen Moon!?” often, because spelling isn’t important when you’re losing money, obviously.