Cloud platform for augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR)
Can’t wait for a sequel for Nicolas Cage And John Travolta’s Face/Off movie? Then create your own simple augmented reality (AR) face swapping demo application with Unity, AR Foundation, and echoAR! The full demo can also be found on echoAR’s GitHub.
Don’t have an API key? Make sure to register for FREE at echoAR.
- Create a new Unity project.
- Clone the Unity-ARFoundation-echoAR sample code.
- Open the sample scene under AR FoundationScenesFaceTrackingFaceMesh.unity.
- Set the API key in the echoAR.cs script inside the echoARechoAR.prefab using the Inspector.
- Add an image hologram by uploading one of the face-#.jpg files from the assets folder to the console.
- Overwrite the existing echoAR/CustomBehaviour.cs script with the new CustomBehaviour.cs file.
Build & Run
Build and run the AR application. Verify that the AR FoundationScenesFaceTrackingFaceMesh scene is ticked in the Scenes in Build list and click Build And Run.
Learn More & Get Support
echoAR (http://www.echoAR.xyz; Techstars ’19) is a cloud platform for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) that provides tools and server-side infrastructure to help developers & companies quickly build and deploy AR/VR apps and experiences.
Create your free account to unlock your custom reading experience.