A cryptocurrency investor, web developer and traveler.
The breakneck speed of Google algorithm updates can push your website to the brink. Google keeps making updates to be the best, and SEOs keep trying to outsmart the changes that happen.
At the end of last year, mobile and speed related updates took some of us by surprise. These have changed the way we use to build our SEO campaigns. Here’s what you should be focusing on for search right now:
Then what factors will be challenged by Mobile First Indexing? If you have a responsive website with the same content on mobile and desktop version, you don’t have to worry much. But there could be a problem when your mobile version has less content than desktop. Typically because of space and size reasons such things happen. If the missing content includes major ranking signals your webpage might get a hit on google search results.
Voice Search allows a user to speak into the device instead of typing a keyword into the search box. With the growing number of smartphones, voice search applications like Siri, Google Assistant and Cortana are clearly getting popularity — and that too at a very rapid rate. Devices as Google Home, Amazon Echo and Alexa are also making voice search an essential part of the household.
Voice search needs a completely different SEO strategy, here’s some you should start applying:
- Google’s featured snippets: Google favors short answers to voice queries and shows results of 29 words on average. Targeting for Google’s featured snippets can gain you top result in google voice searches.
- Local SEO: 39% of the voice searches are about Local businesses Information. You should keep your Local Business Listings up to date. You can optimize it by getting online reviews and using schema.
- Responsiveness: Most of the voice searches are done through Mobiles, so it goes without saying your website should be mobile friendly.
Two years ago Sundar Pichai outlined Google’s plan as “AI-first” company. We should be ready and expect Google search to change dramatically as AI can be the central stage of Google search algorithm in future. Google understands that AI can deliver better results and so, they are working on an accelerated pace on this front.
- Insights: Artificial intelligence can prepare and understand patterns of data to the extent people could simply never achieve. It can help get new insights that may have gone unseen.
- Automation: SEO needs a huge amount of attention and labor over long period. Using AI we can automate some tasks such as Technical Audits, Tag management, Internal Linking, etc.
- Personalization: Every consumer is different and using AI, search marketers can develop useful and relevant experiences for each person.
For each query we make, search engines access their Index library and show the results which meet best to user requirement. With over 3 million blogs getting published everyday, ranking better can be a tough nut to crack. In August 2018, Google rolled out a core algorithm update and SEO world named it “Medic Update.”
E-A-T stands for:
- Expertise: Means a website owner needs to show the expertise of the writer for the Main Content.
- Authoritativeness: If you are a website owner you should be authorized for the MC.
- Trustworthiness: Users should trust the creator or company of the MC.
With E-A-T around your corner, chances of ranking well in the search results can improve.
With the increase in mobile usages, voice-driven searches are dominating but we must continue to generate relevant content to meet searcher intent. As the internet grows and becomes crowded, SEO will not be an easy battle to win.