The Tech Industry’s Greenest Awards. Public Nominations Are Open. Voting Starts Aug 13.
Among the 2,000+ deserving humans nominated across 5 categories for over 200 award titles, we discovered Murilo Roque Paiva da Silva from Brazil, who’s has been nominated for a 2020 #Noonie in the Technology categories.
Without further ado, we present to you, our big techy world, from the perspective of Murilo.
1. Which 2020 Noonie have you been nominated for?
2. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I enjoy creating applications, teaching, and helping people in my community whenever they need it. I recently graduated from Microverse, a remote full-stack development program with a focus on git-standup and peer to peer programming. Just in the past year, I’ve built 43 projects, registered 943 hours, and completed 53 coding challenges.
Prior to Microverse, I worked as an Operations Manager in Oil Filtration, which is where I found my love for process automation and programming. In our plant, we had multiple chemical processes happening simultaneously, from which some needed the most amount of time to complete. My goal was to optimize them by collecting data, creating graphs, and making computational calculations to discover what we had to focus on improving.
3. Tell us about the things you make / write / manage / build.
I enjoy creating applications, teaching, and helping people in my community whenever they need it.
4. What are you most excited about right now?
I am excited to be chosen to participate in this award right now!
5. What are you worried about right now?
Nothing at all.
6. What’s the most useful advice you’ve ever given somebody?
Just be yourself and do everything possible to become succesful.
7. How has the pandemic changed your life and/or career?
It didn’t change, I always worked remotely.
8. If we gave you $10 million to invest in one thing right now, where would you put it?
I would invest it in my local storage.
9. What’s an opinion you have that most people don’t agree with?
I believe that people need to always be motivated, despite all the things that go wrong.
10. Which apps can’t you live without?
LinkedIn, GitHub and Instagram
11. What are you currently learning?
I am learning React right now.
For much the same reasons Hacker Noon decided not to put good ideas behind pop-ups or paywalls — nor abuse your personal data to target you with creepy ads — we also decided that you don’t have to be a #thinkfluencer or have 50k followers on Twitter to earn the recognition that comes with a 2020 Noonie Nomination.
Make somebody’s day and nominate them to be recognized in the internet’s most independent and community-driven awards: NOONIES.TECH.