The Tech Industry’s Greenest Awards. Public Nominations Are Open. Voting Starts Aug 13.
Mehmet Sarica from United States has been nominated for a 2020 #Noonie in software development category.
The Noonies are Hacker Noon’s way of getting to know — from a community perspective — what matters in tech today. So, we asked our Noonie Nominees to tell us. Here’s what Rohit had to share.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
My journey with programming started with a book that I found on the street in 8th grade. I’m programming ever since (for fun for the most part).
I tried teaching for about 5 years. It was the sweetest and toughest time of my professional career.
Currently, I’m working as a Software Engineer.
2. Tell us about the things you make / write / manage / build.
Experiment things in code and showing people what I did like a small kid
3. Would you be interested in recording a podcast with Hacker Noon, or doing an AMA?
4. What are you most excited about right now?
5. What are you worried about right now?
6. What’s the most useful advice you’ve ever given somebody?
For every easy way, there is an easier way
7. How has the pandemic changed your life and/or career?
Life/work separation got worse
8. What or Who are you keeping an eye on in 2020?
Ending of the pandemic
9. Which apps can’t you live without?
10. What are you currently learning?
11. Which 2020 Noonie have you been nominated for?
Hacker Noon Contributor of the Year – TYPESCRIPT
For much the same reasons Hacker Noon decided not to put good ideas behind pop-ups or paywalls — nor abuse your personal data to target you with creepy ads — we also decided that you don’t have to be a #thinkfluencer or have 50k followers on Twitter to earn the recognition that comes with a 2020 Noonie Nomination.
Make somebody’s day and nominate them to be recognized in the internet’s most independent and community-driven awards: NOONIES.TECH.