Next generation investment company Exante has just announced the launch of Stasis, a platform that offers the first cryptocurrency directly backed by fiat money to facilitate transactions between traditional financial institutions and the world of crypto assets.
Exante has recently signed a memorandum of cooperation with the Astana International Financial Center, an agency of the government of Kazakhstan – headed by the ex-head of the Central Bank of Kazakhstan.
“Finance power-players are disrupting the global government monopoly on monetary emission,” stated Anatoly Knyazev, co-founder of Exante.
“The cryptocurrency market is in its nascent state, and the growth spurt of 2017 reflects the long-term prospects. The overall capitalization, the number of transactions, and profitability of the market are increasing tremendously. Over the first ten months of 2017, the total market cap has grown 7.5x, from US$18B to 142.9B. The possibilities enabled by the advent of cryptocurrencies have generated considerable excitement: the traditional financial institutions and the world, in general, are moving towards adopting blockchain en masse.”
“Many governments today realize that transactions in crypto-currencies have substantial advantages and use it as a way to attract businesses and capital to their respective economies,” he added.
Knyazev joined the working groups on crypto-currencies and has held meetings with the government of Malta, Cyprus and Kazakhstan.
“This is why the fundamental infrastructural solutions and the development of the ecosystems of the market are of utmost importance. Two most pressing issues of crypto-currencies need to be resolved: public trust and volatility,” stated Knyazev.
“This is the reason behind the signing of this memorandum: it is to confirm that the government of Kazakhstan trusts EXANTE, a private Maltese company, and is open for partnership. At the moment, the technology is being tested in a closed mode. The cryptocurrency based on Stasis will be fully backed by traditional fiat money and various financial instruments, e.g., national t-bonds of the leading economies.”
Upon the launch of Stasis a new transparent cryptocurrency will emerge:
- Tied to physical assets, backed by fiat money and a variety of bonds: treasury bonds of the leading global economies, current account balances of the partnering banks, their deposits, etc. The exchange rate of the new currency will oscillate close to the price of the net assets 1k1;
- Bearing no own risk and not subject to devaluation/hyperinflation;
- Featuring increased transaction speed;
- Possessing all the advantages of cryptocurrencies while retaining the traits of traditional fiat currencies. Investments and transactions are only one click away;
- Enabling instant payments 24/7/365 with low fees and no risks characteristic of a central clearing agent;
- Audited by the government of Kazakhstan for the stability of the money market fund. The governmental watchdog will make sure that the amount of cryptocurrency in the system always matches the size of the fund assets.
Recently, there’s been an announcement of a similar currency in Japan, but according to the team at Exante, that initiative does not involve a transparent money market fund to back it.
The money market fund will enable the turnover in the system, purchase of assets, and backing of the currency. The backing transactions will be audited by the Government.
The founders say they are all confident that Stasis will remove all barriers to the liquidity and accessibility of capital. Thanks to its expertise in Liquid Alternative, Exante has built a bridge of trust between the investors and the crypto-world, and now the company is trying to create another one, between a government and the crypto-world. The market cap of the new currency is expected to exceed US$2B within two years.
At the moment, the government of Kazakhstan is working on the rules and regulations for digital assets. It is to open a crypto Valley in the country and has already formed a workgroup to launch the project.
“The development of such system will bridge the gap between the traditional asset market and the crypto-world. We see keen interest from the market players, and we already have applications from other government-related financial institutions. The expected market cap of this asset is between 2 and 3 billion in Euro-equivalent.”
In August, Estonia proposed its own state-backed digital asset, which would be called “estcoin”. The small Eastern European nation said it was considering the launch of estcoin through an initial coin offering (ICO) — a crowdfunding method that has garnered much scrutiny in recent weeks.
And last month, Japan signaled the potential launch of its own digital currency, called J-Coin.
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! – October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets – October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange – October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise – October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making – October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA – October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange – October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money – October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack – October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform – October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments – October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway – October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy – October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon – October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects – October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups – October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform – October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos – October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta – October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token – October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt – October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors – October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale – October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion – October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold – October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale – October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! – October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History – October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform – October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign – October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance – October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale – October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain – October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers – October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment – October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions – October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications – October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More – October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors – October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech – October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced – October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 – October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets – October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve – October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets – October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale – October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns – October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency – October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics – October 11, 2017
View All Articles