On November 14, 2017, tickets for a 3D show of the German quartet KRAFTWERK, pioneers of electronic music, to be held on February 13, 2018 on stage at the State Kremlin Palace in Russia, Moscow, are selling on a Blockchain. This is the agreement reached by Russian concert agency TCI and international ticket platform Tickets Cloud, which has developed the crypto.tickets Blockchain platform. For the first time, tickets for such significant entertainment event are selling using a distributed ledger.
Blockchain tickets can be purchased at www.kraftwerk2018.ru* by selecting the “cryptoticket” option. The Tickets Wallet app (for Android & iOS) must also be downloaded. Information about ticket purchases is available in the app. Admission will be controlled by “tearing a stub” right on the user’s mobile device, eliminating the need to scan tickets. Crypto.tickets is built on the Ethereum platform.
More than forty years ago, KRAFTWERK realized that the computer was mankind’s future, and the group began to use it in their creative work more than anybody. They are considered to be the creators of electro music, and many believe that KRAFTWERK is responsible for the emergence of techno.
It is therefore entirely unsurprising that tickets to their concert will be sold using Blockchain technology. But selling crypto-tickets isn’t just a visionary position adopted by KRAFTWERK.
Using Blockchain in the concert industry will make it possible to solve a host of problems: ticket scalping, ticket fraud and counterfeiting, partial ticket sales, and the lack of a unified mechanism for returns. This problem is also extremely relevant for Russia. Up to 20% to tickets to Moscow’s most popular theater are sold to the secondary market, where the risks of buying fake tickets multiplies.
Scams can be found all over the world: in 2016, there were sales of fake tickets to concerts for Adele and Justin Bieber; and the management of Italian football club Juventus released more tickets for sale than there were seats in the stadium.
Blockchain technologies allow a spectator to be 100% sure that his ticket belongs to him alone. All transactions are executed and “saved” in a distributed ledger. A ticket can also be gifted, resold, or returned, but the most important point is that, thanks to Blockchain, the ticket’s history (path) as well as information about all of its owners will always be visible. Additionally, Blockchain solves the problem of illegal copying and counterfeiting of tickets.
“First, we had the paper ticket, then electronic, and now we are moving to crypto-tickets. KRAFTWERK became pioneers of an entire stratum of modern culture, and selling crypto-tickets to their concerts is a symbolic event,” said Egor Egerev, founder of Tickets Cloud and the crypto.tickets Blockchain platform.
“Technologies do not stand still, and the emergence of crypto-tickets solves the most pressing problems in the industry: counterfeits, fraud, and scalping. TCI always tries to be ‘stay informed’ and is pleased to master new technologies that will help us and spectators feel safe and keep pace with the 21st century,” said a financial director at TCI Nikolay Sinitsin.
* www.kraftwerk2018.ru – the website for tickets purchase is in Russian only, because it is oriented on the Russian-speaking audience.
KRAFTWERK’s official website – http://www.kraftwerk.com/
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games – November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores – November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains – November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round – November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain – November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology – November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries – November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform – November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research – November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency – November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments – November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO – November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs – November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers – November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course – November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO – November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public – November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership – November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale – November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform – November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator – November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database – November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies – November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program – November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO – November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board – November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life – November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets – November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood – November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! – November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place – November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts – November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release – November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative – November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform – November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network – November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World – November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO – November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency – November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade – November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ – November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals – November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace – November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market – November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market – November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications – November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership – November 7, 2017
View All Articles