The Legolas Exchange has announced they are partnering with Luxembourg based BanQix which will enable Legolas customers to deposit and withdraw both fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies, creating a reliable, scalable and secure deposit and withdrawal system. It will also offer the option to convert fiat currencies into cryptocurrencies, and reciprocally, in large quantities.
To this end, the exchange has secured large deposits in cryptocurrencies and fiat with the bank. In parallel to the expected fiat accounts that European banks can offer, Legolas Exchange customers will have access to accounts in Bitcoin, Ether, and other digital assets. This will serve as protection against any form of eventualities that may not be in any way the fault of customers.
The company is committed to creating a trustworthy, demonstrably fair and bank-backed premium exchange where traders and investors, small and large, can transact without doubting the integrity and robustness of the platform or its order management system.
Legolas Exchange uses Blockchain technology in parallel of every transaction placed, ensuring the inalterability, temporality and transparency of the order book. The Legolas Exchange protocol will neutralize front-running and ensure a fair trading environment.
Limitations of existing crypto exchanges
Most existing exchanges present numerous flaws and limitations. With non-transparent operational systems, capped or slow transactions and the risk of catastrophic losses, only small investors who have no other alternatives are forced to use these exchanges.
Institutional investors who cannot forego these security concerns are locked out of the market and the trillions of dollars it represents.
The lack of guarantees and insurance has seen exchanges decline responsibility of stolen Bitcoins during hacks within their platforms. This has led to the loss of millions of Bitcoins by investors since its creation.
Existing exchanges operate in a login/password paradigm. Even though some “verified account” solutions exist, many traders have been confronted with locked accounts, credential problems and even incorrect balances on their account. Furthermore, most financial institutions are set up in such a way that money managers serve as investment advisors to their investors and are required to follow dual signature rules whereby administrator are signatory to all outside transactions.
An obvious limitation to most existing exchanges is that they create their own rules and require a large degree of trust from investors and traders. Running contrary to many principles of “trust-less” applications, traders who deposit cryptocurrencies and digital assets on exchanges may have no recourse should the exchanges choose to change the rules, keep some bitcoins locked for one reason or another, or even disappear altogether.
Restricted transactions, price manipulation and several other factors also contribute to the limitations of these existing exchanges.
The Legolas solution
To solve these existing problems and offer institutional investors and other large investors the opportunity to hold and manage cryptocurrencies and other digital assets, Legolas is creating a fair and suitable environment.
Decentralized Blockchain technology
The hashing properties of Blockchain technology is implemented in order to determine the place of an order in the orders queue before revealing the contents of the order. Also, the temporality of the orders is strictly respected and the possibility of front running is neutralized.
By engraving all the operations carried out on the Legolas exchange on the Blockchain, the transactions are permanently stored in an immutable format that is traceable and open for audit by the regulator in real-time.
A fast growing market
As predicted by Kay Van-Petersen, an analyst at Saxo Bank, within 10 years, cryptocurrencies will account for 10% of the average daily volume of fiat currency trades, with Bitcoin alone accounting for a 35% share. This translates into 175 billion dollars of bitcoins being traded daily.
This will not happen until major investors who control the bulk of the market begin to participate actively within the crypto ecosystem.
The Legolas exchange is designed to create the perfect atmosphere that will build the confidence of such investors in terms security of investment, transparency of operations and efficiency of service.
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors – October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale – October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion – October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold – October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale – October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! – October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History – October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform – October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign – October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance – October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale – October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain – October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers – October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment – October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions – October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications – October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More – October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors – October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech – October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced – October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 – October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets – October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve – October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets – October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale – October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns – October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency – October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics – October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market – October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO – October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised – October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale – October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology – October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy – October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign – October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens – October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry – October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers – October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced – October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance – October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency – October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response – October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence – October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand – October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs – October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board – October 10, 2017
- Russian NSD Makes It Possible to Maintain Financial Privacy in Blockchain Use – October 10, 2017
- WAX Announces Advisory Board, Partners to Expand Blockchain Platform for In-Game Virtual Items – October 10, 2017
- Cloud Cybersecurity Company Spinbackup Advances Data Protection Through Blockchain Technology – October 10, 2017
- World’s Largest Blockchain Expo Coming to Silicon Valley – Santa Clara – October 10, 2017
View All Articles