The Tech Industry’s Greenest Awards. Public Nominations Are Open. Voting Starts Aug 13.
The 2020 Noonies are here and they are both much greener and much bigger than last year. Among the 2,000+ deserving humans nominated across 5 categories for over 200 award titles, we discovered Matt Hartley from the United Kingdom, who’s has been nominated for a Noonie in the Future Heroes and Technology categories. Without further ado, we present to you, our big techy world, from the perspective of Matt.
1. Which 2020 Noonie have you been nominated for?
2. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I like learning stuff in different domains – tech, healthcare, finance… classical G(r)eek.
3. Tell us about the things you make / write / manage / build.
My team and I are working on Modify, a docs tool for dev teams.
4. What are you most excited about right now?
Running our alpha. I love speaking with users, helping them understand the product, and getting their feedback on how to improve it.
5. What are you worried about right now?
Never being able to leave my house again.
6. What’s the most useful advice you’ve ever given somebody?
Ignore any advice I give you.
7. How has the pandemic changed your life and/or career?
Cycling and remote working are now a thing for me.
8. If we gave you $10 million to invest in one thing right now, where would you put it?
My business, of course.
9. What’s an opinion you have that most people don’t agree with?
Generalist shouldn’t be a dirty word.
10. Which apps can’t you live without?
GitHub, VS Code, Slack
11. What are you currently learning?
For much the same reasons Hacker Noon decided not to put good ideas behind pop-ups or paywalls — nor abuse your personal data to target you with creepy ads — we also decided that you don’t have to be an influencer or have 50k followers on Twitter to earn the recognition that comes with a 2020 Noonie Nomination.
Make somebody’s day and nominate them to be recognized in the Internet’s most independent and community-driven awards: NOONIES.TECH.