Neufund, the largest coding project on the Ethereum Blockchain, has announced a successful pre-sale funding round of 10m Euro.
Backed by top private investors from funds such as Philipp Freise (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co), Michael Jackson (Mangrove Capital), top VC funds such as Atlantic Labs, and crypto influencers like Max Kordek (Lisk), Fabian Vogelsteller (Ethereum Mist, ERC20), the company will use the money raised to launch its Initial Capital Building Mechanism (ICBM).
The new unique protocol will allow investors to fund projects while acquiring equity in return in the form of tradable crypto tokens. The Blockchain based fundraising platform allows startups, SMBs, and established companies to legally issue a new concept of asset ownership.
Neufund operates as a public, open-sourced platform, that allows any entrepreneurship venture, from an ice-cream shop and the next rising star in Silicon Valley, to Blockchain-based projects, to hold an ETO (Equity Token Offering) for their own company’s Equity Token. Unlike a regular ICO, Equity Tokens represent, and have legal ties to equity (shares) in their respective company, and give token holders virtually the same rights as a regular shareholder.
The biggest challenge for startups approaching the traditional investment market at the moment is the lack of liquidity, slow fundraising processes, and the regulations protecting high tier investors. Novice investors find themselves excluded from the more attractive opportunities; in turn, depriving the market from the financial support this specific group of entrepreneurs may bring. Neufund leverages the window of opportunities Blockchain technology offers in order to build an investment ecosystem that will provide liquidity to the private equity market, lower investment barriers, and open innovation for good.
Neufund’s process of committing funds to the platform differs substantially from regular ICOs, both in mechanism and impact. Compliant with both Blockchain technology and current legal regulations worldwide, Neufund developed a split economy between startups using the platform for funding and equity tokenization, and Neufund’s own protocol token, the Neumark (NEU). NEU tokens are earned by committing capital to Neufund’s platform; the amount of NEU held then represents the individual’s share of the Neufund ecosystem. When an investor uses the funds they committed to the platform to contribute to a company’s ETO, the investor will receive equity in the form of the respective company’s crypto tokens, and NEU tokens, creating a powerful incentive for investors to continue growing the platform with future investments.
Neufund’s ICBM will occur on November 17th 2017 at 11am UTC and will last for 30 days.
Some of the distinguishing features of the NEU token economy are:
- Funds stay in full control of their owners: investors can invest into the startups of their choice
- There is no minimum requirement on contributions
- If a contributor desires to remove his committed capital, he can do so after 18 months, with a 100% return
- Tokens entitle their holders to revenues from platform fees for ETOs taking place on the platform
- Tokens can be traded freely on crypto exchanges and easily transferred among users
Neufund incentivizes investors from both the crypto and non-crypto world to provide capital for innovation. Investors already active in the crypto space gain access to attractive investment opportunities from outside the space. Investors that have yet to join the crypto economy find in Neufund an easy way to get started. The platform offers a full user experience as well as tutorials to slowly build up basic knowledge of crypto technology and economics, fueling a process of gradual learning and commitment, and ensuingly demystifying the Blockchain.
“At Neufund, we believe firmly that innovating, building, and contributing is the only priority of our generation,” said Zoe Adamovicz, Co-Founder and CEO of Neufund, “We are excited to have developed a new way to fund ventures , and ultimately, to remove unnecessary barriers that prevent the alliance of inventors and investors, including geographical and jurisdictional constraints in order to open innovation for good.”
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform – November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator – November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database – November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies – November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program – November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO – November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board – November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life – November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets – November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood – November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! – November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place – November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts – November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release – November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative – November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform – November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network – November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World – November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO – November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency – November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade – November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain – November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ – November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals – November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace – November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market – November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market – November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications – November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership – November 7, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes Lead Investor In Botanic Technologies And Seed Token, To Decentralize Bot Creation And Deployment – November 7, 2017
- TOKIT, Ethereum Blockchain Application Launches – November 6, 2017
- Australian Blockchain Startup HCash Raises $53M in ICO – November 6, 2017
- Publicly Listed Companies on Major Capital Markets to Raise Funds via ICOs? Yes, Says Pegasus Fintech – November 6, 2017
- Quantstamp Announces Partnership with Experty for Smart Contract Auditing Consultations – November 6, 2017
- Internxt Challenges Storj on Blockchain Storage Front – November 6, 2017
- ShoCard Announces Bob Tinker as Board Member – November 6, 2017
- Streamr Announces DATA Tokens Listed on Bitfinex, the Leading Global Exchange – November 6, 2017
- UltraPlay introduces eGold, the ultimate eSports betting cryptocurrency – November 6, 2017
- mytime Announces Token Sale – Cryptocurrency Which You Earn For Your Spent Time – November 6, 2017
- MDK: The Largest European Community on the Vkontakte Social Network Launching ICO – November 6, 2017
- Socialmedia.Market Announces Token Sale – November 6, 2017
- Coinvest Aims to Disrupt Cryptocurrency Investing with the World’s First Decentralized Stock Market for Cryptonized Assets – November 6, 2017
- Cashaa to Partner with Agrello to Offer Borderless Financial Products – November 6, 2017
- StormX Partners with Kyber Network and Global Blockchain to Offer seamless experience for STORM tokens – November 6, 2017
- Status announces $1M bounty reward fund for open source projects, a new COO from Google, and more to drive Ethereum mass adoption – November 6, 2017
- Tokenly and Malan Breton Partner with SohoMuse to Release Digital Token for the Fashion Industry – November 6, 2017
- University of Nicosia is the First University in the World to Publish Diplomas of All Graduating Students on the Blockchain – November 3, 2017
- After raising $12M from top VCs and investors, Colu announces crowdsale for its Colu Local Network token – November 3, 2017
View All Articles