What Does End of Support Mean?
Microsoft will no longer provide technical support, bug fixes, or security fixes for Office 2010 vulnerabilities that may be subsequently reported or discovered. This includes security updates that help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- You’ll no longer receive Office 2010 software updates from Microsoft Update.
- You’ll no longer receive phone or chat technical support.
- No further updates to support content will be provided, and most online help content will be retired.
- Another difficulty you may face is incompatibility with some newer programs and file formats.
It’s probably a good time to upgrade your version of Microsoft Office.
The faculty and staff pricing is what applies to public libraries. Office 365 A1 is the no-cost version. It is a completely free online version of Office with email, video conferencing, and Microsoft Teams. The A1 version includes Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Services include Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Yammer, and many more. A3 and A5 versions, available at a discount, also include desktop versions of products, as well as enhanced security and storage functions.
TechSoup Support Services
No matter what route you take and where you obtained these products, TechSoup has services and resources to help you set up and get the most out of these tools.
The TechSoup services team can provide you with the following services for Office 365:
- Email migration help. It can be a complex process to migrate your on-premises email to Outlook and Exchange online. Office 365 has features that help nonprofits dramatically increase their productivity, collaboration, and security. See Joan Tharp’s article on how we can help here.
- Data migration help: Data migration transfers your documents and data from either an on-premises or a cloud datacenter to the Microsoft cloud. TechSoup offers experienced consulting and migration services to help you move to Office 365’s SharePoint application, which lets you easily back up, share, and co-edit documents and files internally and externally.
- Admin support: The support services team offers phone support for IT admins on configuration, security, email, and Azure — plus monthly reviews, IT planning, and training.
The Digital Skills Center features beginner and advanced courses on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and also very affordable courses on the new Microsoft Teams app and Power Bl, the powerful data visualization tool. Microsoft applications have long been TechSoup’s most popular donated products. Now we bring you the knowledge on how to use them! The courses work well for any version of the product your team may be using.
These courses are self-paced and feature contextualized learning with real use cases in bite-sized segments. Your staff and volunteers don’t even need to have a TechSoup account to take the courses.
Some of the most popular course tracks are listed below, with many actually available for free: