The Playkey project has brought in its first $1 Million of investments in its pre-sale campaign and is welcoming Dillon Seo, co-founder of pioneering virtual reality firm Oculus VR, as an advisor for Playkey on the latest VR technologies.
The cloud-based gaming project Playkey has been in operation since 2012. The company has rented servers for its operations at data centers in Britain, the Netherlands, Germany, and Russia. Using funds from the ICO, the project plans a significant change in its concept and a switch to a P2P model. So with Playkey, any owner of a powerful PC will be able to rent out the power of his hardware to other users.
Investments in ICO presale
The cloud-based gaming platform Playkey (www.playkey.io) has received its latest round of investments in its ICO presale, this time for a record amount of $1 million.
One million dollars of Playkey tokens have been bought up by Uncharted Capital, which specializes in investments in promising startups using blockchain technology. Regular sales of Playkey tokens will launch only on the 1st of November 2017, while the presale campaign allows early-bird investors to invest in the project under special conditions.
“In Playkey we see a promising technology, a market of enormous size, a working product, a team with expertise, and an effective implementation of blockchain technology that could clearly make the product a leader in the gaming segment. And all these components of the project together will basically change how people do gaming,” comments Leonid Markin, managing partner of Uncharted Capital. “Within the presale campaign it’s possible to take part in the project under special conditions, and we couldn’t miss out on this opportunity.”
Dillon Seo, co-founder of pioneering virtual reality firm Oculus VR, will advise Playkey on the latest VR technologies. Seo, who served as Oculus VR’s regional director for Korea from 2012 through 2014, will help the cloud gaming platform realize their VR ambitions as they grow the Playkey ecosystem in the wake of next month’s ICO launch.
Described by Playkey CEO Egor Gurjev as a ‘legendary figure on the video-gaming market,’ Seo is a veteran of Korea’s game industry and an expert on virtual modelling. Playkey plans to leverage this expertise and augment their existing streaming platform with the latest in VR technology.
Seo, an avid fan of cloud gaming, sees Playkey succeeding where many Silicon Valley companies have failed. He believes they have overcome the infrastructural challenges holding the industry back by applying ecosystemic dynamics:
“When I met Egor from Playkey and heard about their decentralized cloud gaming platform, I was immediately drawn by the idea and excited to see how it would be implemented in reality,” says Seo.
Seo says the key reasons he chose to work with the company were its possession of a functioning prototype of its platform, Playkey.net, and the potential for P2P cloud-based gaming. Playkey is currently renting servers at data centers, but with funds raised through the ICO it plans to change its operating principle and move to a P2P model that will allow any owner of a powerful PC to rent out their hardware to other users.
Seo is confident that this technology will fundamentally change the gaming industry in the near future, and that it will give users the chance to save on hardware upgrades, as well as to play back any content, on any PC:
“Platform holders like Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, always face the dilemma of when to release their next generation console.”
“When they release a new console to the consumer market, they release it with technology that’s already two to three years out of date because they need to release the final specification of their hardware to developers at least two to three years before the release in order to have a handful of titles ready for launch. Their hardware specification then remains unchanged for anywhere from three to five years. This leaves a few challenges to both content developers and game players. Content developers are prevented from using the latest and greatest tricks and game players are limited to experiencing whatever the current hardware can offer. Such limitations will be lifted when the cloud gaming platform is the primary market,” says Seo.
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE – October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime – October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor – October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 – October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO – October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action – October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research – October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project – October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups – October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology – October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content – October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System – October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale – October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” – October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses – October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets – October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 – October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry – October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale – October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO – October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager – October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! – October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets – October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange – October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise – October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making – October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA – October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange – October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money – October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack – October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform – October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments – October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway – October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy – October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon – October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects – October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups – October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform – October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos – October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta – October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token – October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt – October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors – October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale – October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion – October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold – October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale – October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! – October 16, 2017
View All Articles