PUBLIQ, a non profit foundation, is announcing today the launch of its decentralized content platform that offers merit based, real-time, and instant remuneration to authors from all over the world, in order to combat fake news and biased reporting. The PUBLIQ Foundation builds a trust based ecosystem that is operated by authors, journalists, bloggers and advertisers around the world and encourages them to share their written perspectives in a safe and encrypted way.
Once an article is posted on PUBLIQ, the content gets cryptographically sealed and distributed, and is immutable, meaning no third parties can tamper with authors’ work. The content that PUBLIQ receives from authors and distributes to readers will raise media standards significantly.
The foundation’s goal is to overcome the massive flow of poor, fake, and fabricated news, as its platform offers a transparent rewarding process that incentivizes members to write high quality content and advertisers to target their specific audience in the most efficient way. PUBLIQ will hold an ICO for its PBQ token in November.
The 21st Century has brought about a frivolousness when it comes to what society labels as fake news. We’re living in an age when fabricated stories and gossip rags somehow find themselves on the cover of top magazines and leading publications. What’s even worse is that it happens to be very hard to distinguish between what’s honest and credible news from scandalous gossip.
Journalists and content writers are experiencing this frustrating phenomenon, and often watch as their work falls by the wayside and is labeled as “fake.” Whether it’s Fox News declaring that anything on CNN is misleading and not factual or the President himself tweeting away, plausible stories that are relevant and trustworthy are frequently shushed by the label of fake news.
PUBLIQ aims to end the endless array of finger pointing that has become fake news, by developing a platform that introduces a mechanism of community governance to make sure readers are protected from undesirable contents. The community members have a trusted reputation and the ability to warn and intervene whenever a content raises flags limits.
PUBLIQ’s blockchain technology operates independently from Bitcoin and Ethereum, in sharp contrast with the majority of rising startups in the “Blockchain Silicon Valley.” The PUBLIQ Foundation believes that blockchain is made to create open and borderless neutral systems, where trust is established by the power of the network and not by trusted intermediaries.
Once an article is posted on PUBLIQ, the content gets cryptographically sealed, distributed, and is immutable, meaning no third parties can tamper with the author’s work. PUBLIQ employs blockchain to institute universal trust on the platform, as well as to enhance in quality of PUBLIQ content, and to safeguard the independence of the PUBLIQ community. PUBLIQ is a distributed media environment owned, governed, and operated by a global independent community. This means its members enjoy both unlimited potential of free expression and enterprising, as well as full protection of identity and intellectual property rights.
Authors will get rewarded according to the “PUBLIQ Score” they have. This score is calculated by the previous engagement their pieces have earned. The reward process is completed using the PBQ token: the in-house currency that was developed as a utility value for transactions on the platform. The PUBLIQ audience through their feedback and actions shape the reputation of authors, giving them their PUBLIQ Score. The score is used to calculate the author’s real-time share in total PUBLIQ earnings. This helps eliminating any human interaction in the rating and remuneration process.
The Workflow would look as follows:
- An author uses PBQ to post an article.
- The reader reads the article through our channels and can like it, share it, or raise a flag.
- A smart contract takes care of communicating the reader feedback to the analytics engine that then updates the author’s PUBLIQ score.
- Another smart contract takes care of crediting the author’s wallet with an amount of PBQ commensurate to his PUBLIQ score.
Advertisers will be using the platform as well for a more targeted advertising process, with the help of the new engine tools that PUBLIQ develops. The AI algorithm provides an advertisement placement mechanism based on readers’ preferences, but also on the nature of the articles (topics, industries etc.). It helps to determine which ad might interest which readers and channels more than others based on the activity on the platform.
“By creating a content distribution platform, we’re trying to tackle the tabloid journalism that is consumed daily”, said Alexandre Tabbakh, CEO of PUBLIQ, “Propaganda and fake news are some of the main problems the media industry faces. We are creating an ecosystem of accredited authors with trusted reputations, and guarantee that only high quality content will be promoted over the platform. The merit based distribution will result in a paradigm shift by unchaining the creative power of an individual to become a full participant of the economy of the future.”
- LiveTree Announces Token Sale for Community-Powered Film, TV and Content Network based on Blockchain Technology – October 28, 2017
- MailTime Hits 5M Downloads, Launches MDT Token to Reward Users for Sharing Data – October 28, 2017
- Enigma and KyberNetwork Partner To Expand Blockchain & Crypto-Asset Adoption – October 28, 2017
- PUBLIQ Reveals How Blockchain and AI Can Fix the Issue of Fake News – October 28, 2017
- Bancor Welcomes Second Smart Token – STORM tokens join network for autonomously convertible cryptocurrencies – October 28, 2017
- Etherisc Launches Blockchain-powered Flight Delay Insurance For Devcon 3 In Mexico – October 28, 2017
- Decentralized Bank-as-a-Service Enterprise, BANKEX, Announces Balanc3 as Advisor – October 28, 2017
- Russian Bank to Offer Cryptocurrency Exchange to Fiat for Russians – October 28, 2017
- KyberNetwork and WAX Announce Partnership – October 28, 2017
- TaaS Fund Backs Up Neuromation, The Universal Marketplace Of Neural Network Development – October 27, 2017
- Singapore Retail Group iFashion Closes MegaX Token Presale – Raises over USD $2M – October 27, 2017
- Bloq Announces Metronome: World’s First Cross-Blockchain Cryptocurrency – October 24, 2017
- Charity Meet & Greet with Ronaldo Auctioned for Bitcoin – October 24, 2017
- Bitcoin Nonprofit BITGIVE Launches GiveTrack Beta at Money2020 – October 24, 2017
- Blockchain LegalTech startup Agrello partners with online-id verifier Veriff – October 24, 2017
- Under 1 in 10 Post-ICO Tokens are Actively Used – October 24, 2017
- Grid Foundation unveils an Enterprise ‘Cloud Operating System’ for All Blockchains – October 23, 2017
- Cashaa welcomes Central bankers, MIT scientists and Fortune Top 500 Leaders for its CAS token sale – October 23, 2017
- Sun Exchange Raises $1.6 Million Seed Investment to Catalyze Global Shift to Solar Power – October 22, 2017
- Brickblock And Nakamo.to Announce Partnership To Fuse Real-world Asset Trading With The Potential Of IOTA’s Tangle Network – October 22, 2017
- Wirex inks deal with SBI Holdings to establish Asia focussed joint venture – Japanese cryptocurrency payments card expected soon – October 22, 2017
- CrowdWiz successfully raises over $5 million in its pre sale to bring democracy to investing by cutting out the middleman – October 22, 2017
- Soma – launches ICO to tackle marketplace fraud and disrupt the $1.7 trillion global second-hand goods industry – October 22, 2017
- LiveEdu.tv Launches ICO and Announces Presale – October 22, 2017
- Yetta announces ICO of European Commission funded Blockchain Research and Development – October 22, 2017
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain – October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE – October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime – October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor – October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 – October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO – October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action – October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research – October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project – October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups – October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology – October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content – October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System – October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale – October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” – October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses – October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets – October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 – October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry – October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale – October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO – October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager – October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! – October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets – October 19, 2017
View All Articles