Singapore fashion and lifestyle conglomerate iFashion Group has launched a new digital token MegaX (MGX), with the public sale running from 17 October 2017 to 17 November 2017. The token pre-sale closed on 16 October, raising over USD2m.
The Retail Challenge
Today, retailers worldwide are struggling to engage the millennial generation, who are driving an increasingly demanding consumer market. Fuelled by the proliferation of mobile, an ‘attention economy’ has developed, where businesses of every sort compete for finite airtime in front of consumer eyeballs. Retailers are in competition not just with other retailers, but also with technology, social issues and global events.
Well-positioned to drive the future of retail, UBS predicts that the millennial demographic could be worth USD 24 trillion by 2024. Growing up in a networked world, millennials demand to be spoken to in their native language: technology. MegaX taps on the market knowledge of more than 40,000 brands in their retail network to firmly engage this elusive consumer segment, with MGX.
Backed by Retail Products
To minimise volatility in token value, MGX tokens are directly spendable on products across iFashion Group’s network of over 40,000 independent brands. Prominent regional names like Dressabelle, Megafash and INVADE undergird this movement for iFashion, collectively offering some 100,000 retail products backing the MGX token.
“We envision MegaX to serve as a symbol of visionary influence on the future of retail, bridging the disconnect between customer expectations and brand capabilities,’ said Jeremy Khoo, Group CEO, iFashion Group. “Ensuring success in the future retail space requires enterprises be fearlessly agile in adopting new technologies. It is about futureproofing your business.”
In line with the group strategy of retailer and user acquisition, an online MegaX Mall is slated for launch in Q4 2017, featuring novel products from over 10,000 brands along with worldwide shipping. Partner brands such as Megafash are working towards exclusively accepting MGX as payment at their stores, forging a tripartite relationship between MegaX, retailer and consumer to drive the initial adoption and demand.
Token holders can also expect to pay with MGX at INVADE’s next installation of Artbox Singapore – a creative market concept popularised in Thailand, attracting close to 600,000 attendees and USD30m in transaction volume during its inaugural Singapore outing.
With a combined reach of two million consumers, iFashion is optimistic about achieving critical mass sooner rather than later. Around this, MegaX is designed for substantial scaling, an area neglected by other digital currencies that has inhibited their potential for mass adoption. As the MegaX technology partner, MC Payment brings 12 years of electronic payments experience into the mix. The technology veteran is providing its electronic wallet technology, Ffastpay, to facilitate MGX transactions. Users can expect to enjoy convenient conversion between fiat and MGX and, seamless payment across all channels – a pain point numerous e-commerce utilization cases failed to overcome.
“MegaX fuses technology and retail to take a big step forward in payments processing. Scalability is not an issue with our processing system and we expect minimal deviation in processing time, even with heavy loading. The MegaX ecosystem will be a natural by-product from the aggregation of millennial individuals, driving desire for curated products, and fuelling the demand for MGX. The nascent adoption of digital tokens in the retail space bodes a strong movement among millennials which will revolutionise the retail landscape,” said Anthony Koh, Group CEO, MC Payment.
MGX may be purchased on the MegaX website, http://megax.io. Payment may be made through bank transfer, SWIFT payment, or an Ethereum token swap. The sale will end on 17 November 2017, 6.00pm (GMT+8), or when the hard cap of 100,000 ETH (approximately USD30m) in contributions is reached—whichever comes first. There are no buyer restrictions on the token purchase amount. The number of tokens purchased at close will represent 70% of all MGX tokens issued. As a show of appreciation to early adopters, MegaX is offering a 10% bonus of tokens on the first day of the public sale. To store MGX tokens, buyers will require a client-side digital wallet. For this, MyEtherWallet is highly recommended.
Visit http://megax.io for more information around the offering, with details on rollout plans tiered by sale outcome documented in a whitepaper.
- TaaS Fund Backs Up Neuromation, The Universal Marketplace Of Neural Network Development – October 27, 2017
- Singapore Retail Group iFashion Closes MegaX Token Presale – Raises over USD $2M – October 27, 2017
- Bloq Announces Metronome: World’s First Cross-Blockchain Cryptocurrency – October 24, 2017
- Charity Meet & Greet with Ronaldo Auctioned for Bitcoin – October 24, 2017
- Bitcoin Nonprofit BITGIVE Launches GiveTrack Beta at Money2020 – October 24, 2017
- Blockchain LegalTech startup Agrello partners with online-id verifier Veriff – October 24, 2017
- Under 1 in 10 Post-ICO Tokens are Actively Used – October 24, 2017
- Grid Foundation unveils an Enterprise ‘Cloud Operating System’ for All Blockchains – October 23, 2017
- Cashaa welcomes Central bankers, MIT scientists and Fortune Top 500 Leaders for its CAS token sale – October 23, 2017
- Sun Exchange Raises $1.6 Million Seed Investment to Catalyze Global Shift to Solar Power – October 22, 2017
- Brickblock And Nakamo.to Announce Partnership To Fuse Real-world Asset Trading With The Potential Of IOTA’s Tangle Network – October 22, 2017
- Wirex inks deal with SBI Holdings to establish Asia focussed joint venture – Japanese cryptocurrency payments card expected soon – October 22, 2017
- CrowdWiz successfully raises over $5 million in its pre sale to bring democracy to investing by cutting out the middleman – October 22, 2017
- Soma – launches ICO to tackle marketplace fraud and disrupt the $1.7 trillion global second-hand goods industry – October 22, 2017
- LiveEdu.tv Launches ICO and Announces Presale – October 22, 2017
- Yetta announces ICO of European Commission funded Blockchain Research and Development – October 22, 2017
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain – October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE – October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime – October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor – October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 – October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO – October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action – October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research – October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project – October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups – October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology – October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content – October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System – October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale – October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” – October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses – October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets – October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 – October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry – October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale – October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO – October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager – October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! – October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets – October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange – October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise – October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making – October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA – October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange – October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money – October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack – October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform – October 18, 2017
View All Articles