Streamr, the decentralized peer-to-peer data sharing protocol, today announced the success of its precontribution window which reached it’s 5 million CHF hard cap in 25 minutes. Tokenizing real-time data, Streamr enables a new way for machines and people to trade data on a decentralized P2P network.
“The centralization of existing data infrastructure has left current systems vulnerable, concentrated, and uninspiring. As we see the explosion of decentralized apps and technologies, it is now time for real-time data from connected devices to share that independence in a robust, secure, and persistent manner. Our platform provides the missing link that makes pipe-dreams of unrestricted, unstoppable data a reality,” Streamr CEO and Co-founder Henri Pihkala said.
Frustrated by the inefficiencies and limitations of traditional centralized data distribution systems, Streamr Network AG was co-founded this year by Henri Pihkala, Nikke Nylund and Risto Karjalainen to offer scalable, low-latency, and secure data delivery. The founding team has worked together for years building an advanced streaming analytics platform which is now being decentralized by Streamr.
Streamr CEO Henri Pihkala previously worked as a software engineer and an algorithmic trader, leading the development of several high-frequency algorithmic trading platforms. Nikke Nylund is a serial entrepreneur with several successful exits in the software sector. With a Ph.D. in Decision Sciences from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, COO Risto Karjalainen brings a wealth of knowledge on real-time computing, machine learning, and behavioral finance. Karjalainen previously worked as a Quant and Portfolio Manager with JP Morgan and Merrill Lynch before immersing himself into the world of real-time data and decentralized computing.
Connecting producers and consumers, Streamr aims to create a market for real-time data. The Data Market categorizes and showcases publicly available data streams. The Streamr token, DATAcoin, is needed to access and operate the market, and to compensate nodes in the P2P network. Subscribers pay for the data with the token while producers and participants are reimbursed automatically and securely.
Advising Streamr as a Technical Expert is Julian Zawistowski, CEO and Co-Founder of Golem, the first global market for idle computer power. Recognizing the shared vision and complementary goals of the two projects, Streamr and Golem began to mutually address the technical overlap in July 2017.
“This partnership brings together some of the most innovative minds in the industry. As we collaborate with Streamr we are not only improving efficiencies but benefiting the wider community. Working simultaneously opens the door to tremendous talent and technology. The partnership will take us, one step at a time, towards a decentralized future,” Zawistowski said.
A luminary in decentralized technology, Julian Zawistowski joins Streamr’s stellar board of advisors, consisting of trailblazers like Wendell Davis, an early instigator for many blockchain-related companies and projects, including OmiseGO and Golem, Thomas Greco, special advisor to OmiseGO, and Dr. Luka Müller, Co-founder of MME and legal advisor to Ethereum, Consensys, and Bancor. Kimmo Halunen, Senior Scientist at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland with over 20 publications on information security and cryptography, has also joined Streamr as its Cybersecurity Advisor.
“Streamr seeks to deliver unstoppable data to unstoppable applications. We cannot do so without the continued support of our passionate community. The overwhelming success of our precontribution period is both encouraging and inspiring, and we are incredibly grateful to our early participants as well as to the wider Streamr community,” added Pihkala.
Opening on September 14, the Streamr precontribution window was the first of its kind on Bitcoin Suisse, the world’s leading crypto-asset broker and asset manager. Operating on a registration model, interested parties underwent a thorough Know Your Customer (KYC) evaluation prior to participating. Following this model, Streamr could proactively manage and prevent any risks associated with token sales, while also raising a substantial amount.
Bitcoin Suisse Head of ICO and Streamr advisor Nicolai Oster said:
“Working closely with the Streamr team has been extraordinary, and I am proud to help them as an advisor. In my professional capacity, I see dozens of new projects every single day, and Streamr stands out as a project with terrific potential backed by deep technical experience and competence.”
Following the successful precontribution period, registration for the Streamr crowd contribution period will commence on October 9, 2017, at 12 noon UTC with DATA tokens available at a rate of 1 CHF = 18.25 DATA. The overall cap for all contributions is 30 million CHF.
For more information visit www.streamr.com.
- US SEC Goes Charges ICO Businessman For Defrauding Investors – October 1, 2017
- Pre-ICO Launch: HireMatch Offers Solution to Expedite Recruitment Process – October 1, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announces The STK Token, Providing Instant Cryptocurrency Payments At Point Of Sale – October 1, 2017
- ICO Regulation News Accelerating – Analysis – October 1, 2017
- Streamr, The Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Successfully Reaches 5 Million CHF Pre-Sale Cap in 25 Minutes – October 1, 2017
- BitClave Announces Partnership with Bancor – October 1, 2017
- Clicktopurchase Adds Blockchain to Established Property Purchasing Platform – October 1, 2017
- Former White House CIO Joins COBINHOOD as Strategic Advisor – October 1, 2017
- Steemit Introduces New Way To Monetize Media And Publishers – October 1, 2017
- Etch ICO Wants to Revolutionise Payroll Platform – Boosted by KPMG Collaboration – October 1, 2017
- DMarket Announces Second Phase of Token Sale – October 1, 2017
- DECENT Wins Big at the Central European Startup Awards – October 1, 2017
- Massively Distributed EOS-derived Blockchain XenonNetwork to Begin Token Distribution – October 1, 2017
- modum.io AG appoints Simon Dössegger as CEO – October 1, 2017
- INS Aims To Put Grocery Shopping On Blockchain, Announces Unilever Expressed Interest And ICO Dates – October 1, 2017
- Coinloan Provides Money Secured On Cryptocurrency – Launching Token Sale – October 1, 2017
- Verisart And Avant Arte Partner To Provide Digital Certificates Of Authenticity To Artists And Collectors Worldwide – October 1, 2017
- Goodwill Protocol Ico Looks To Fix Current Broken Economic System Through A Digital Economy That Operates On Human Goodwill – October 1, 2017
- Accenture Joins Hashed Health Blockchain Consortium to Develop and Implement Healthcare Industry Use Cases – October 1, 2017
- Polymath Unveils Stacked Board of Advisors, First Token Issuers & a ‘GitHub for Lawyers’ – October 1, 2017
- DECENT and Venaco Group Create a New Blockchain Joint Venture, Equidato Technologies AG – October 1, 2017
- BankEx, the Decentralized Bank-as-a-Service Exchange, Welcomes Stanford and Maryland Academics as Advisors – September 30, 2017
- Earth Token Wants to Save the Planet – September 29, 2017
- Change Healthcare Introduces Enterprise Blockchain For Healthcare – September 29, 2017
- Helperbit enables Bank Card donations with Blockchain traceability – September 29, 2017
- South Korea Bans Initial Coin Offerings – Plans to Crack Down on Trading – September 29, 2017
- Australian Regulators Vow to Work with Industry for ICOs – September 29, 2017
- ICO Market Transformed by ATS Security Token Joint Venture Forged by tZERO, RenGen and the Argon Group – September 27, 2017
- Backed by the Founder of Mozilla and CEO of Brave, SPiCE VC Is Launching A Fully Regulated Blockchain VC – September 27, 2017
- Spectral And Alliander Launch Blockchain-based Renewable Energy Sharing Token – September 27, 2017
- Munchee Announces The First Decentralized Food Review And Social Platform – September 27, 2017
- Shapeshift rival, Flyp.me launches accountless crypto exchange with 169 trading pairs and 50% profit sharing – September 27, 2017
- Oldham-based Energi Mine set to become first UK business outside London to raise funds through a Token Sale – September 27, 2017
- Snip Partners with Bancor and Matchpool After Extremely Successful Presale Campaign – September 27, 2017
- A new player enters the field of cryptocurrency marketplaces in October 2017 – September 27, 2017
- Unikrn Raised $15 Million in Token Pre-Sale for esports Cryptocurrency From Mark Cuban, Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, CoinCircle and More – September 27, 2017
- AB-CHAIN’s Cryptocurrency Makes Advertising Easy – September 25, 2017
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light – September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network – September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale – September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece – September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows – September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry – September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin – September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams – September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event – September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally – September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 – September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 – September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 – September 21, 2017
View All Articles