Templum has announced that it has closed a seed funding round totaling $2.7 million led Raptor Group, Galaxy Investment Partners, Blockchain Capital and firstminute.capital.
The funding follows Templum’s recent agreement with broker dealer Liquid M Capital, LLC, to launch a regulatory compliant turn-key solution, known as Templum, for the initial issuance and secondary trading of Initial Coin Offerings (“ICOs”) as securities. Templum will use the seed capital for operational expansion, product development and talent acquisition.
“ICOs offer innovative organizations an efficient alternative for raising capital. However, ICOs in their current form can be highly risky for issuers and investors. Templum will provide the necessary transparency, accountability and investor protection to reduce risks and encourage more widespread acceptance of ICOs,” said Chris Pallotta, Templum Founder and Chief Executive Officer.
“Templum has entered the ICO market at the ideal time when compliance and investor protection are top of mind for industry participants. Their solutions provide much needed certainty regarding regulatory obligations, safeguards to protect investors and a vital secondary marketplace for liquidity. We’re excited to partner with Templum to further democratize access to digital assets while bolstering overall market integrity,” said Bart Stephens, Blockchain Capital Co-Founder and Managing Partner.
Until recently, the U.S. ICO market has operated in a manner that did not focus on compliance with U.S. and foreign securities laws.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) released an investigative report on July 25, 2017, concluding that offers and sales of digital assets that are securities by “virtual” organizations in the U.S. are subject to the requirements of the federal securities laws. Subsequently, some ICOs conducted prior to the SEC’s investigative report could be deemed to have violated securities laws and ICO issuers could be held liable for these violations.
In response, Templum and Liquid M Capital recently submitted a letter asking the SEC to grant ICO issuers a grace period of 180 days to remediate any possible violations related to their past ICOs, except those that may have involved fraud.
Commenting on the letter, Mr. Pallotta said:
“We will continue to advocate for the advancement of the digital asset community that is balanced with the need for regulatory compliance and investor protection. We believe narrowly tailored remedial relief solution for these issuers and investors will support the innovative ICO model while helping issuers meet the necessary regulatory requirements within an established securities framework like the one we offer.”
More information about Templum’s request for regulatory remedial relief for ICOs can be found on its blog.
Templum, LLC operates at the intersection of blockchain and digital assets in a manner that facilitates transparent access to capital with a focus on investor protection. Our principals have extensive experience in the blockchain space helping shape the innovative technology into a viable, scalable industry.
By leveraging this expertise, Templum intends to bring new technological advances to the capital markets, specifically through ICOs, with the aim to open new sources of capital for innovative, growth companies and provide those capital sources with enhanced investor protections and secondary liquidity opportunities in a fully regulated environment. For more information, visittradetemplum.com. All securities offered through Liquid M Capital, LLC. Liquid M Capital Member FINRA/SIPC.
- Telegraf Money ICO – The First Interactive Auction ICO – October 28, 2017
- Cashaa Partners with Airbitz for Secure and Speedy Global Payments – October 28, 2017
- Russian Vnesheconombank And Uetp Trading Platform Signed An Agreement On Development Of Europe’s First Blockchain Based Project In E-procurement – October 28, 2017
- Storj Labs Announces STORJ Tokens Now Listed on Poloniex Exchange for Trading – October 28, 2017
- Healthbase – The Launch Of A New Blockchain Project Promising To Advance Health Research – October 28, 2017
- Seeds Token Sale Lets You Ask the Blockchain for Help – October 28, 2017
- Templum Raises $2.7 Million to Launch Platform for Regulatory Compliant ICOs as Securities – October 28, 2017
- Crypto Derivatives Exchange WandX to Launch Token Sale – October 28, 2017
- LiveTree Announces Token Sale for Community-Powered Film, TV and Content Network based on Blockchain Technology – October 28, 2017
- MailTime Hits 5M Downloads, Launches MDT Token to Reward Users for Sharing Data – October 28, 2017
- Enigma and KyberNetwork Partner To Expand Blockchain & Crypto-Asset Adoption – October 28, 2017
- PUBLIQ Reveals How Blockchain and AI Can Fix the Issue of Fake News – October 28, 2017
- Bancor Welcomes Second Smart Token – STORM tokens join network for autonomously convertible cryptocurrencies – October 28, 2017
- Etherisc Launches Blockchain-powered Flight Delay Insurance For Devcon 3 In Mexico – October 28, 2017
- Decentralized Bank-as-a-Service Enterprise, BANKEX, Announces Balanc3 as Advisor – October 28, 2017
- Russian Bank to Offer Cryptocurrency Exchange to Fiat for Russians – October 28, 2017
- KyberNetwork and WAX Announce Partnership – October 28, 2017
- TaaS Fund Backs Up Neuromation, The Universal Marketplace Of Neural Network Development – October 27, 2017
- Singapore Retail Group iFashion Closes MegaX Token Presale – Raises over USD $2M – October 27, 2017
- Bloq Announces Metronome: World’s First Cross-Blockchain Cryptocurrency – October 24, 2017
- Charity Meet & Greet with Ronaldo Auctioned for Bitcoin – October 24, 2017
- Bitcoin Nonprofit BITGIVE Launches GiveTrack Beta at Money2020 – October 24, 2017
- Blockchain LegalTech startup Agrello partners with online-id verifier Veriff – October 24, 2017
- Under 1 in 10 Post-ICO Tokens are Actively Used – October 24, 2017
- Grid Foundation unveils an Enterprise ‘Cloud Operating System’ for All Blockchains – October 23, 2017
- Cashaa welcomes Central bankers, MIT scientists and Fortune Top 500 Leaders for its CAS token sale – October 23, 2017
- Sun Exchange Raises $1.6 Million Seed Investment to Catalyze Global Shift to Solar Power – October 22, 2017
- Brickblock And Nakamo.to Announce Partnership To Fuse Real-world Asset Trading With The Potential Of IOTA’s Tangle Network – October 22, 2017
- Wirex inks deal with SBI Holdings to establish Asia focussed joint venture – Japanese cryptocurrency payments card expected soon – October 22, 2017
- CrowdWiz successfully raises over $5 million in its pre sale to bring democracy to investing by cutting out the middleman – October 22, 2017
- Soma – launches ICO to tackle marketplace fraud and disrupt the $1.7 trillion global second-hand goods industry – October 22, 2017
- LiveEdu.tv Launches ICO and Announces Presale – October 22, 2017
- Yetta announces ICO of European Commission funded Blockchain Research and Development – October 22, 2017
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain – October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE – October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime – October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor – October 19, 2017
- SolarChange Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading – October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 – October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO – October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action – October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research – October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project – October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups – October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology – October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content – October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System – October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale – October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” – October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses – October 19, 2017
View All Articles