What is Robotic Process Automation?
So, what is Robotic Process Automation? Simply put, it’s the use of computer programs in the form of software robots, to standardize and automate repeatable business processes.
Imagine having a robot sitting on a computer performing the same computer keystrokes and opening the same applications as humans do. While it doesn’t require physical robots, software robots tend to mimic human activities via working with applications the same way a normal person does.
With robotic process automation, bots can complete repetitive tasks, which frees up the employees time to work on more revenue-generating tasks for the company. What makes it interesting is that non-technical employees will have the tools needed to make their own software robots that will solve their individual automation challenges.
- Accuracy: Extreme uniformity and accuracy — and is less prone to typos or error.
- Compliance: The bots provide an audit trail history and can follow regulatory compliance rules to a tee.
- Reliability: You can use the bots to work 24/7.
- Consistency: The tasks are done in the same way, making it easier to run repeated projects effectively.
- Improved Employee Morale: With Robotic Process Automation, its easier for workers to dedicate their time to more engaging work.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence is the area of machine learning where intelligent machines operate as humans. Here are some common activities:
- Problem Solving
- Speech Recognition
Artificial Intelligence can be broken down into two components:
- Narrow AI: Narrow AI focuses on a single task and tends to perform extremely well. Even though Narrow AI machines appear intelligence, they are highly controlled and under strict constraints.
- Artificial General Intelligence: AGI is known as Strong Artificial Intelligence. You’ll usually see this type of AI in movies such as Star Trek or Westworld. AGI is a machine with near-human capabilities and can use its applied intelligence to solve any problem.
- Difficult Exploration: Artificial Intelligence can be used to solve the complex programs and explore the odd regions within the world. You can use artificial intelligence to explore the ocean floor, which makes it exceed human limitations. Due to their programming, AI can be used to perform hard work with greater responsibility. And they don’t suffer fatigue.
- No Breaks: Artificial Intelligence doesn’t require refreshments and breaks. This means that you can use them 24/7 and not worry about being tired, distracted, or showing a loss in performance.
What are their Differences?
RPA is governed by structural inputs and business logic. Their main goal is to automate the business process and work complementary with the employees. Artificial Intelligence is a form of technology used to replace human labor. Combining both RPA and artificial intelligence can create a fully autonomous process.
For instance, RPA software can be used to scan bills and place them in accounting software. With AI, it can automatically detect and sort the bills in the specified order and let bots use it. Artificial Continuum is when Artificial Intelligence and RPA are used together.
How Does Society Benefit?
Society uses RPA to help organizations grow into a digital workplace and solve automation challenges. Beyond everyday automation tasks, RPA helps the team become more efficient at handling one-off projects.
Robotic Process Automation helps increase productivity and reduce costs. For instance, having a bot work 8 hours a day, save the time and hassle of finding an employee. Thus, RPA has allowed businesses to work faster and produce better results.
Do you have any questions about AI or Robotic Process Automation?
Share in the comments below!