With the launch of Ethereum’s first multi-smart contract application, Tokit, artists and creators around the world can now power their projects with tokens and tokenized ecosystems. Tokit, short for “tokenize it”, is the first of SingularDTV’s suite of decentralized applications to launch on the Blockchain.
SingularDTV is releasing three categories of application—development, production and distribution applications. When used together, they are designed to empower artists and creators to become their own economies with the overall aim of creating a Blockchain entertainment industry void of gatekeepers and intermediaries.
Tokit, the first of SingularDTV’s development applications, allows users to embed their intellectual property’s rights, revenue and royalties into a programmable token. This feature, which has never existed in software architecture before, is made possible by the Blockchain’s data-network convergence and consensus algorithm. Combined with SingularDTV applications, it gives users unprecedented control over the exploitation of their work.
Zach LeBeau, CEO of SingularDTV commented:
“There’s an elaborate system of gatekeepers out there that oppress and suppress expression. When an artist does manage to express to the world, there is an even more elaborate system of intermediaries that extract value and revenue from that expression, making it nearly impossible for most to make a living from their art. Those days are coming to an end as SingularDTV launches applications that put the artist in control of their property from development to distribution.”
A New Type of Artist-Fan Relationship
Tokit and the SingularDTV suite of applications also offer new and exciting benefits for the audience. Now artists and fans can enter into a completely new type of reciprocal relationship that can sustain an artist throughout the life of their career, while also enriching their fan-base in the process. Because tokens generated in Tokit are embedded with the intellectual property of a project, when those projects generate revenue, that revenue instantaneously appears in the token for the fans to either withdraw or store.
Tokens can also act as the means in which to pay for content as well. In the present dynamic, fans don’t receive any tangible value for spreading the word to friends and family about their favorite film, television show or song, but if they hold their favorite song’s token, when their friends and family pay to access that content, that revenue is pushed into the token for the fans to benefit from. Now word-of-mouth marketing has real value.
Why Your Favorite TV Shows Never Have to be Cancelled
When project tokens are launched to the public, they realize a market cap through the various crypto-exchanges around the world where they can be traded. If a television series is tokenized, and generates a loyal and enthusiastic fan-base, that series can be sustained by its audience. Because revenue of the series is embedded in its own token, and also because the token can be used to watch episodes of that series – like a ticket for admission – audience will buy tokens to watch their favorite series.
They will also buy tokens to hold for the purpose of receiving the revenue generated by that series. The more audience, the more revenue generated, therefore the higher the value of the tokens, which will theoretically drive buying demand for those tokens. As long as the television series has a “token reserve” in place, learn more about Token Economics here, producers can liquidate that reserve on crypto-exchanges to fund subsequent seasons. With a growing fan-base acquiring tokens, the market cap of the series could increase exponentially, sustaining its lifespan for several seasons, or as long as the audience wants to participate in the economy of that series.
SingularDTV will be launching various television series to prove this new model.
Kim Jackson, SingularDTV’s President of Entertainment comments:
“Tokenized ecosystems allow for audiences and artists to mutually benefit from the success of a film or television show, and with no gatekeepers taking all the profit from the creators, this is the answer entertainment distribution has been waiting for.”
WHAT IS A TOKENIZED ECOSYSTEM?
In the centralized legacy world, what we call the “old-world”, business structures are called corporations, LLC’s, etc. But in this new world of Blockchain technology, Ethereum and SingularDTV, the new type of decentralized business structure is called a tokenized ecosystem. A tokenized ecosystem is made up of tokens that can be programmed with various functions and features that are powered by a smart contract system.
SingularDTV is an EnTech (entertainment technology) company utilizing Blockchain technology to create tokenized entertainment economies that empowers both content creators and consumers. The company presents filmmakers, musicians and artists with the tools to capitalize on its proprietary Blockchain-based technology in order to fund, distribute and market their content, in a peer-to-peer environment, eliminating traditional funding obstacles and distribution intermediaries.
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications – November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership – November 7, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes Lead Investor In Botanic Technologies And Seed Token, To Decentralize Bot Creation And Deployment – November 7, 2017
- TOKIT, Ethereum Blockchain Application Launches – November 6, 2017
- Australian Blockchain Startup HCash Raises $53M in ICO – November 6, 2017
- Publicly Listed Companies on Major Capital Markets to Raise Funds via ICOs? Yes, Says Pegasus Fintech – November 6, 2017
- Quantstamp Announces Partnership with Experty for Smart Contract Auditing Consultations – November 6, 2017
- Internxt Challenges Storj on Blockchain Storage Front – November 6, 2017
- ShoCard Announces Bob Tinker as Board Member – November 6, 2017
- Streamr Announces DATA Tokens Listed on Bitfinex, the Leading Global Exchange – November 6, 2017
- UltraPlay introduces eGold, the ultimate eSports betting cryptocurrency – November 6, 2017
- mytime Announces Token Sale – Cryptocurrency Which You Earn For Your Spent Time – November 6, 2017
- MDK: The Largest European Community on the Vkontakte Social Network Launching ICO – November 6, 2017
- Socialmedia.Market Announces Token Sale – November 6, 2017
- Coinvest Aims to Disrupt Cryptocurrency Investing with the World’s First Decentralized Stock Market for Cryptonized Assets – November 6, 2017
- Cashaa to Partner with Agrello to Offer Borderless Financial Products – November 6, 2017
- StormX Partners with Kyber Network and Global Blockchain to Offer seamless experience for STORM tokens – November 6, 2017
- Status announces $1M bounty reward fund for open source projects, a new COO from Google, and more to drive Ethereum mass adoption – November 6, 2017
- Tokenly and Malan Breton Partner with SohoMuse to Release Digital Token for the Fashion Industry – November 6, 2017
- University of Nicosia is the First University in the World to Publish Diplomas of All Graduating Students on the Blockchain – November 3, 2017
- After raising $12M from top VCs and investors, Colu announces crowdsale for its Colu Local Network token – November 3, 2017
- Simple Token Announces First Four Member Companies – To Launch Branded Tokens on Project’s Ecosystem – November 3, 2017
- CyberMiles Raises Millions in Pre-ICO Private Stage Investment Opportunity – November 3, 2017
- Energi Mine appointed to develop the world’s first cryptocurrency payment system for Electric Vehicle (EV) charging points – November 3, 2017
- Anton Agranovsky joins Advisory Board of international videogames streaming platform Play2Live – November 3, 2017
- Ex-Credit Suisse Chief Digital Officer Launches Experiential Investment Platform TEND – November 3, 2017
- WishFinance Announces Global Expansion – November 3, 2017
- Game Protocol Creates Ideal Platform for Independent Developers – November 3, 2017
- London start-up Cygnetise raise £1m seed funding to roll out UK corporate blockchain application – November 3, 2017
- VERSES teams with COMSA to Enable vCommerce and Usher in a New Virtual Economy – November 3, 2017
- Rivetz to provide Ammbr network with device-to-blockchain authentication – November 3, 2017
- REALISTO Announces ICO to Launch Global Crowdfunded Real Estate Investment Marketplace – November 3, 2017
- ConsenSys Ad Tech Announces Collaboration with Indorse to Ensure Authenticity on Professional Networks – November 3, 2017
- Crypto.Tickets and Exscudo Cut Deal – Ticketing 2.0 – November 3, 2017
- Oracles Network Announces Cross-Chain Bridge Technology – November 3, 2017
- Korea’s Online Banking Security Get’s a Blockchain Powered Upgrade – November 3, 2017
- Simple Token Announces Advisory Board, Token Sale Milestones – November 3, 2017
- Energi Mine Launches Blockchain-Based Platform to Reward Energy Conservation with Cryptocurrency – November 3, 2017
- DMarket Launches Product Alpha/DEMO – Extends Token Presale – November 3, 2017
- AdHive, a mass-scale native video advertising platform announcing ICO – November 3, 2017
- Play4privacy: Playing On The Blockchain To Raise Money For Privacy – November 3, 2017
- Kochava Introduces Blockchain-Based Digital Advertising Platform – November 3, 2017
- Caviar Announces Real Estate and Crypto Backed Token, Crowdfunding Platform. Pre-Sale Begins November 28, 2017 – November 2, 2017
- FundRequest launches a Blockchain Incentive Platform for Open Source Projects – November 1, 2017
- TetzelCoin Launches SIN Token to Tokenize Forgiveness – November 1, 2017
- STK Global Payments Launches Pre-sale – November 1, 2017
- Play2Live – Decentralized Streaming Platform for Gamers and eSports Fans Announces Token Sale – November 1, 2017
- BookMaker.eu Becomes First Online Gaming Industry Site to Accept 60+ Cryptocurrencies – October 30, 2017
- Ammbr and Verif-y Cut Deal to Bring Self-Sovereign Digital Identity to Emerging Markets – October 29, 2017
- Telegraf Money ICO – The First Interactive Auction ICO – October 28, 2017
View All Articles